If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?
My first thought was “leisurely travel”—like, maybe go to Europe but not be on the go the entire time. But then I started thinking about the logistics of it all, and I came up with a list of what a really-and-for-true break from my current life would have to have.
- No alarm clock.
- Peacefulness. Not just quiet, but calm. This might necessitate palm trees.
- Massages and pedicures. I love that pamper-y stuff, and I love getting it often.
- No one asking me what’s for dinner, or what I want for dinner, or where we should go for dinner. I just want dinner in front of me without having to do any work whatsoever. That goes for every meal, actually.
- Good wifi. I can’t detach myself from society. Don’t make me.
- Unlimited $$ (duh).
- No dog hair. Seriously, if I’m not sweeping it up, I’m brushing it off the furniture, our clothes, the inside of the car. How is Lucy not naked? Oh, and I also want Lucy with me on this vacation, just none of her hair.
- Lots of books to read.
- No crowds. I like sightseeing and traveling to see the sights, but it’s so much less fun when people are packed in every inch of space along the way. If it means I have to stay in one place for three months, I think I’d be okay with that.
- A pool, preferably one I don’t have to share with strangers.
- A panoramic view of something beautiful—mountains, valley, city, sea, I don’t care, but I better be able to see it.
- My husband most the time and my kids part of the time.
- Visits from my girlfriends.
I’ll tell ya one thing; I hate the idea that wanting/needing a vacation somehow suggests a dissatisfaction with one’s life. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wanting to explore the world, or wanting a break from work and/or daily home responsibilities, or wanting to go someplace that feels relaxing. Ridiculous.
What about you? How would you spend three months off from your life?
If you’re a blogger and want to do our blog challenge with us, let me know and I’ll send you our list! Otherwise, tune in here (and on Sherilee’s happy little blog and Lisa’s and Jenn’s and Sunshine’s too!) every day in September.