It’s Day #22 of the blog challenge, and I think I’m getting a little tired of being told what to write. Today’s topic:
Where are your top five places to shop for you or your kids?
For realsies, whenever I Google an item I’m interest in purchasing, 90 percent of the time I find it for sale on Amazon. Shoes, makeup, housewares, food, electronics, gift items… it’s all there. The free two-day shipping with Prime makes it’s almost as fast as shopping at the mall, but with way less hatred of humanity. (I really really REALLY am not a fan of the mall.)
But since I’m on the subject of shopping, I’d like to share a few more stores from which I’ve recently made purchases. I don’t shop at any of them regularly, but I check out their inventory often enough that sometimes I’m able to find exactly the thing I didn’t even know I was looking for.
- craftcuts.com. I wanted an “M” for the picture wall in the living room, but not just a plain ol’ “M,” a pretty one. Craft Cuts offers letters in a gazillion sizes and thicknesses and fonts, unfinished or painted in your choice of a color. Here’s what I ended up with (‘scuse the blurry and slightly crooked pic):
- Fonts for Peas. Cutest fonts EVER, and they’re free! You can even get your handwriting made into a font. I love this little “store.”
- Audiko.net. Ringtones and alert tones for your phones. So much to choose from, and you can even make your own.
- A new (to me) site I’ve been checking out lately is Zulily, which has some adorable stuff and a little bit of everything. They recently featured an Anne Taintor collection of items I hadn’t seen before—so fun! Other similar shopping sites are Fab, Brickyard Buffalo, Jane.com, and Rue La La.
- BookBub. Choose your favorite genres of books and get an email every day with a short list of free and discounted e-books.
- Since Mother Mary and I started getting creative with beekeeping supplies last year, I’ve been looking for just the right containers for the different potions we’ve created. The Jar Store is an excellent resource, whether you’re a crafty type or not.
- If you like containers, there’s The Container Store, of course. But have you checked out Poppin and See Jane Work? Get ready to drool.
What are your favorite shops? Assuming you occasionally shop outside of Amazon…
If you’re a blogger and want to do our blog challenge with us, let me know and I’ll send you our list! Otherwise, tune in here (and on Sherilee’s happy little blog) every day in September.