May 4: Misc. things

Lots to share today.

First, new Presley pics. We keep thinking she can't possibly get any cuter, but she keeps proving us wrong.

Also, my mom's cell phone hasn't been working for the past few days; it gets a "no service" message as though the signal isn't strong, but it has four bars on the signal thingie. I spent way too much time yesterday on the Cingular web site looking for some kind of network status information, assuming there was some problem in her area. Nope. Finally today she decided to call customer service and they asked if she'd tried turning the phone off and then turning it back on. That worked. She told me she felt so stupid, but I think I felt even stupider. Shouldn't I know that that's the first thing we try with electronics??? Gah, I'm a moron.

Also, my arm hurts. Last night I was getting worried because it started aching all the way from the middle of my chest down to my fingers, and even my hip was hurting. I was trying to remember what I had done that would make my body so sore, and then I started freaking out that maybe I have a tumor on my spine or multiple sclerosis or a deviated septum and then I remembered: I got a booster tetanus shot at the doctor yesterday. General achiness is supposedly normal.

Y'know how some people get the flu right after they get a flu shot? Like the flu shot actually gives them the flu? Is there any way the tetanus shot could induce idiocy? If so, I believe I would be an excellent case study.

I've been meaning to post pictures of Katie and Jack on their new bikes. They got training wheels off and have been zooming around the neighborhood ever since. I can't believe how quickly they caught on to two-wheeling, and how bossy they are if I get on my bike without a helmet. The pics are kinda blurry, but if you've ever tried to take digital photos of kids riding bikes then you know how hard it is to get them nice and clear.



Check out these cat pictures! The gangsta rap one is my favorite.

We've got a busy weekend coming up. If the weather stays nice, we'll be outside this evening with our neighbors, as has become our regular Friday night activity. Tomorrow Victor has a continuing education conference to attend, and Katie's going to a birthday party next door. Both kids have play dates. I have a bunch of work to do. I might even shower once or twice. And the dogs have a lot of napping planned for the next two days. We better get to it. Have a great weekend!

--Jen


1 comment:

  1. We get very nervous seeing your kids riding bikes in the street without construction cones blocking the road. I mean, what if a blind person is driving and doesn't see them soon enough?? Have ya thought of that???

    Warm wishes,
    Clackamas OSHA Office

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails