May 19: "Museum" critique

We just finished watching "Night at the Museum," a surprisingly entertaining movie. It wasn't too scary for the kids but still suspenseful enough to keep Mom and Dad's attention. Besides Dick Van Dyke and Mickey Rooney being total bastards, I give it a thumbs up.

Oh yeah, and I love Ben Stiller. I also love Owen Wilson, much as I try not to. I did not love the Attila the Hun dude. I think he probably smelled bad.

Also movie related, it turns out there are only FOUR more days until Pirates. They're doing a limited opening on Thursday; some of the Portland theaters are running five or six showings that evening. This isn't necessarily good news for us, since Vic is really not wanting to take Jack to see the movie on its opening weekend, and starting it a day early is just more anxiety for Jack. Whatever will we do?

One more thing, a joke Orlando Bloom told on The Tonight Show the other night:

How do you know you’re a pirate?

You don’t know, you just aaaarrrrr.

--Jen

2 comments:

  1. Night At The Museum was very good indeed! I think Robin Williams deserves a modicum of credit, though. He seemed to stick with the script - not too much improv. Otherwise, he's exhausting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: Robin Williams--true dat (somebody stop me, PLEASE!).

    I did enjoy the "why are you slapping the monkey?" line... don't know if that was scripted, but it was a good'n either way.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails