May 8: Oh, Biscuit limps ... got it

If you're like me, you assumed the band Dexy's Midnight Runners named themselves after a slow marathon team. You'd be wrong. Here's a fun web site that gives some of the history/background of unusual band names: Name Origins of Rock Bands

Seems that crap they taught us in our SDA grade schools about KISS = Kings In Satan's Service was wrong. I bet if you play the Beatles backwards they don't tell us to kill the neighbors either.

And while we're on the subject of music, here's a site that verifies that Ozzy Osbourne is NOT a Seventh-day Adventist: Famous SDAs. Where do these rumors get started, anyway? I think every controversial celebrity is/was rumored to have SDA blood at some point. I do know that the Little Richard story is true; he goes (or at least he used to go) to the Hollywood church. My friend Kirsten is on the pastoral staff there, so I know she wouldn't lie. Pastors never do anything immoral like lie.

My love for you will never end--

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Just read through that "famous SDAs" website. OMG, they're EVERYWHERE!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails