May 15: See you in hell

It's wrong to speak ill of the dead, isn't it? Of course, it's also wrong to blame 9/11 on homosexuals.

Jerry Falwell died today. My heart goes out to his family, especially because he died suddenly, and I know how it feels to lose someone that way. Besides that, though, I have not one bit of sadness about this news. Jerry Falwell claimed to be on a mission of God while being incredibly hateful toward others, not to mention uninformed and ignorant. That does not sound like a mission his God would be very pleased about.

I read on a blog somewhere that Falwell is in hell now, being raped by the purple Teletubby. If there really is a God, I'm pretty sure he'd agree that's exactly what should happen for the rest of Falwell's afterlife. Love it!

Yep. I know I'm going to hell for saying these things. But I'll be in that section above the Bible-thumpers, where I can easily chuck my popcorn and soft drinks at them. And everyone around me will be doing the same thing. And then we'll high-five each other and sneak over to the section where we can hurl insults at the men who always insisted on wearing Speedos in public. It'll be a kick. Join me, won't you?

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself, Jen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori. I wasn't going to mention anything about him here, but this morning I came across a woman on MSNBC who was praising all his "good work." It made me sick. It was then I knew that I had an important job to do: EDUCATE THE MASSES (or more accurately, TELL THE FOUR PEOPLE WHO READ ME WHAT THEY ALREADY KNEW I BELIEVE...) xoxo --Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched GMA and their report on Falwell's death. It's tragic that it took his death to shut him up. It's also tragic that this public figure leaves such a judgmental, intolerant legacy - gosh, that's why I left my church. Hmmm. I hope that he leaves a much kinder loving legacy with those closest to him. What a tragedy it would be to lose someone who truly believed in what they did, but find no reason to grieve for them. That's all. No more words. I've moved on.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails