Nov. 22: Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am feeling thankful for:

  • My in-laws, who had our kids overnight. Vic and I stayed up late working on our office-to-playroom conversion project, and slept in a little bit this morning. I love my in-laws every day and feel very fortunate to have such lovely people in my life (and they never read this, so I'm not just sayin' stuff), but Thanksgiving is a good day to remind them. They'll be over a little later today, so I'll be sure to do just that.
  • TiVo. Duh.
  • Books. Bookstores. Libraries. Friends that recommend good books.
  • Ed, who made me learn HTML. I use it every time I blog. I make nice little lists like this with HTML. HTML is old-school, but ever-so-cool. And so is Ed, for many more reasons than making me learn HTML.
  • Christmas music. I realize that makes me a big dork, but I just can't help lovin' that stuff.
  • My mom and my seester. They're just the best. Too bad they aren't your mom and seester.
  • My husband and kids are just super. The dogs are too. Even the fish are good guys.
  • Jack asked me the other day who I've known longer than anyone. I was thinking that, of the people I still have regular contact with today, it might just be Sally, my sister-in-law. We were buddies in grade school and then married brothers. She is one of the funniest people I know, and makes every family get-together so much fun.
  • I'm thankful that my mom has amazing friends that make her happy and let her be who she really is.
  • IKEA.
  • Mashed potatoes.
  • The Elf-ed Manullangs (thank you, Sheila!!)
  • Coffee.
  • People magazine, which is total trash and fun to read.
  • My neighbors. They're more than a little bit fabulous, at least most of them, and make me glad we live where we do.
  • Xanax, for handling the neighbors not so fabulous.
  • My kids' teachers. I spend time in the classroom and see how hard they work and many of the challenges they deal with every day. Their dedication is incredible.
  • My kick-arse friends--you know who you are, and you know how kick-arse you are. Yeah, you do.
  • Disney. (Sorry, Ed, it's true.)
  • Burgerville.
  • Amazon wish lists. If you don't have one, I highly recommend you make one.
  • Lori and Sheila and the other people who regularly comment on my blog and make me feel a little less lonely.

Well, that oughta do for now. Since I typically spend most of my blogging time complaining about the minutiae of life's less thrilling moments, it's about time for a positive post, don't you think? But don't get too comfy, I'll be back to normal tomorrow, you can be sure of that.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails