Nov. 23: Play and help

My English teacher in junior high was a bit of a nut job (Sally and Kath can vouch for me on this one). I learned a lot of good stuff from him, though. Every Monday he gave us a list of vocabulary words (think "Word Power" from Reader's Digest), and we'd study them all week and have an exam on Friday. It was a big deal. Everyone in the school, even if they weren't in Kendall's English classes, knew about "vocab." We all hated it, but I was one that just pretended to hate it, because I loved learning new words. I still do.

Here's a way you can test your vocabulary skills and feed people at the same time. Check out FreeRice.com, a web site that will donate ten grains of rice for every word you define correctly. In other words, if you're an idiot, then it's your fault people in developing countries are starving. Hope you can live with that.



FreeRice.com uses the advertising revenue the site generates to donate rice via the United Nations World Food Program. Be sure to click on a few ads during your game to help them along.

I know, yesterday I promised I'd be back to my sniveling, sarcastic self today. But GEEZ, I just woke up--give me time. I'm still in a gracious mood from yesterday's stuffing of the belly. Which reminds me, I tried a new stuffing recipe with moderate success. I'll post it later.

Lovies!

1 comment:

  1. Wonder how many times that nutjob went to rehab! He was mean to Jolene so I didn't like him one bit.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails