Nov. 26: “Savings” cards, my arse

Can we all agree that the club cards at grocery stores are just flat tools of the devil? I hate them. I hate having three extra cards in my wallet just so I can save 47¢ on a box of cereal. And I only carry the ones from Albertsons, Safeway and Fred Meyer; I know there are a lot more stores that make its shoppers use them. The little key fobs they give out aren't any better; I don't want a bunch of extra shiat hanging off my keyring. I prefer to shop at stores that don't use club cards, but they're inconvenient and/or smell like very full litter boxes (think that one Winco on 82nd).

Add these to your driver license, Costco, library, debit, credit, and Bikini Inspector cards and you've got a George Costanza-like wallet. It's insane.

This might help a little bit. A web site called Just One Club Card will help you create a single card that holds up to eight barcodes. There are even instructions to make a windowed sleeve that hides the other barcodes to make scanning a little easier. Give it a try. Or don't. I don't care if your spine has to be realigned on a regular basis because you carry hard candy in it...

Dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails