Mar. 13: It's easy to love him

So, I’m especially grouchy this morning because my head hurts and I hardly slept last night and Jack won’t shut the hell up even though I keep reminding him that it’s Mommy’s quiet time.

I would like my quiet time to be from whenever Jack wakes up to when Jack goes to school, but I’m not a total Meanie Mom™. He thinks I’m joking if I say he can’t talk because he didn’t submit a written request first. He says, “You’re funny, Mom. And what does ‘request’ mean?”

When I just kind of loudly and firmly asked him for the eleventieth time not to race his cars back and forth across the back of the couch while I’m resting on it, I added a very forced “I love you” at the end so I would feel a little less Meanie Mom™. He came around to the front of the sofa and said this:

“The whole earth, and the planet and all the minutes it takes to walk around it, that’s how many numbers I love you, plus all the planets. All of them.”

I’m not going to say that tender moment makes it all worth it, because I still feel like $#!+ and he’s still running his cars back and forth across the back of the couch. But the temptation to strangle him has faded a little.

1 comment:

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails