Mar. 24: Victoria, Day 2

We left Seattle around 11 yesterday and started north to the border. Vic loved all the signs around Bellingham that say “Nooksack.” I have to admit, they make me giggle a little too. We went past Lake Samish and he said, “Mmmmmm... Lake Sammitch... I’m hungry...” (I don’t care if he’s retarded, I love him.)

Victoria is beautiful. It was windy and rainy yesterday but today it’s gorgeous. Vic and I have already decided we want to come back here someday without the kids. There are several blocks that remind me of San Francisco; maybe that’s why I love it.

One of the things that I cannot stand is the pretentious spellings they use here. I say when you’re in North America, you don’t need to put all those extra U’s in your words (“The colourful harbour is my favourite!”). And they need to stop spelling “center” “centre” or I’m gonna scream! Vic thinks it’s terrible that I’m a foreigner here and complaining that people aren’t American enough. I think he’s just stirring up trouble, and then he says “you mean troble?” Big dork.

Time for dinner. Gotta run.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, you are such a tourist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Victoria! We went there on our honeymoon, so the details are a bit hazy, but it WAS beautiful! Canadian spellings are part of the fun, ay?

    We went to the Parliament building while we were there and got one of the guards to explain British-Canadian relations to us. Fun!

    Go to the museum and look at the wooly mammoth, and the stuffed birds.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails