Dec. 11: Christmas shopping

I haven’t ventured out much beyond our neighborhood this week. This is partly because it’s so friggin’ freezin’ around here and frozen nose hairs always make me think I’ve got booger issues that need immediate attention, and I can’t find a mirror and a Kleenex fast enough. It’s also because I’ve kinda forced myself to stay home. I started getting freaked out at the idea of my compromised immune system and decided I shouldn’t go out in public unless absolutely necessary. Makes sense, right? No one’s ever called ME a dummy. Well, actually, I’m pretty sure people have. Not nice, people. NOT. NICE.

This time of year, though, it’s hard to sit at home knowing all the shopping that needs to be done. I’ve tried to do as much online as I can, which I do every year, and thus far have been fairly successful. But it’s getting into expedited shipping territory time-wise, and I’m not even close to being finished with my shopping. Stoopid big family. I mean, I LOVE MY FAMILY, ALL OF THEM.

There have also been some unexpected expenses, like medications and ridiculously pricey meal-replacement drinks and more medications and wigs. When the kids come downstairs on Christmas morning and see nothing under the tree, I doubt they’ll be satisfied with “Sorry, kids, there’s no Christmas this year because Mommy needed itchy hair.”

Another unexpected expense? A fraudulent charge on my check card I noticed yesterday. Someone I don’t know is getting a new camera for Christmas and apparently I’m very generously paying for it. Oh, I know the bank will take care of it and ultimately reverse the charges… in six weeks. Until then, they’ve frozen that amount in my account and cancelled my card. This is not a very convenient time of year for one to be without access to one’s $$. Do stores even take checks anymore?

Alright, enough complaining. The real reason I’m posting this morning is to share this little gem I caught on Amazon last night:

Yes, I know they put that Kindle badge on every book page, but for this particular book, I thought it was chuckle-worthy.

Also, I think I want a Kindle and some NON-pop-up books for it. Santa?

blogsignature

3 comments:

  1. The more eReaders that come onto the market the weaker my resolve of "not needing such a silly gadget" becomes... Don't I need to have what everyone else has? Even if I only want to try to read pop up books on it... Seriously wondering how that one would work!

    You need to write to Ellen and have her hook a sister up. Your kids need Christmas toys Jen! Think of the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this case, I think kindle is should be relegated to the fireplace. As for the hair, when my mom had her treats, her hot, itchy wig was the first thing she threw off as soon as she got home. Even though I did wraps, I did the same thing (At least when my head wasn't taking turns making me freeze my top off). The family gets used to it. Besides, I bet you Santa is bald underneath that hat. ShevyX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so corsican! Starbucks lost my debit card at the drive-thru. So I had to go to the bank, cancel it and they're mailing me another one IN 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS. Shopping sucks when ya gotta go to the bank every flippin' day. Course the counterfeiter machine is on the blink. My life sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails