Dec. 19: Wig report

Wig Day #1 went alright. Besides being kinda hot, I’d call the afternoon a success. When we went to The Nutcracker performance at the school Thursday night, I wore one of the newsboy caps Loveliest Lori got for me. I got lots of compliments, but I’m pretty sure most people would’ve said nice things even if they thought I looked like a giant dork, because the people I know are nice and also, occasionally, pants-afire-liars.

When I got home, my wig was so far back, the bangs no longer lay on my forehead. What did I tell you? I knew something embarrassing would happen. I can just imagine Jenn K and Sabrina, who were sitting behind me at The Nutcracker, thinking WOW, JEN MUSTA PAID EXTRA TO HAVE A WIG THAT ACTUALLY GETS LONGER AS YOU WEAR IT. I was like that doll, where you twist her arm into ungodly positions to make the ponytail grow out the top of her head.

Clearly, there is work to be done getting the wig to stay where it’s supposed to. Any recommendations? I’ve got my eye on a Costco case of Super Glue, or at least a pulley system of some sort.

Wig Day #2 was yesterday. It was a fun Christmas-y shopping day with Random Sunshine, and only a few moments of wig embarrassment. The first (and worst) was when we were in The Blue Butterfly—one of the cutest stores EVER, by the way—and, without thinking or looking around first, I yanked hard on my bangs to make sure the wig was where it was supposed to be. A second later I looked up to see the store owner looking right at me. Totally not humiliating, right? Because I don’t go in that store, like, every week…

The only thing I really, really, really dislike about the wig, besides the fact that it feels like friggin’ Barbie hair because it IS friggin’ Barbie hair, is that I get sooo hot in it. And I don’t mean “hawt,” I mean “hot” as in profusely-sweaty-wig-sliding-back-Barbie-hair-melting-down-my-face hot. Would it be very noticeable if I wore a pack of Blue Ice under the wig? Cuz I really think that would help.

I’m not going to do Wig Day #3, #4, etc. blog posts. We’re done with wig reports for now, unless something even more humiliating happens that I feel the need to report to the Internet. Do not fret—you know it’ll happen. This is ME we’re talking about.

blogsignature

5 comments:

  1. But it DID look great. And I for one wouldn't have said a WORD if I thought it looked funny. AND I saw you two minutes before you got home, and it still looked good to me!
    When Scott asked me last night how you are doing, I was telling him how cute your wig was the other night, so there!
    Having said all of that, I do understand how sucky the itchy factor must be.
    Can I wear my pajamas and wrap my hair in a bandana New Year's Eve? It's what I do at home anyway even though I look like I've no hair. That way, you can do the same and you don't have to wear your wig just because we're coming over.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I'm proud of you -- you dun good!! I love you, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet nobody noticed to be honest - I'm sure you were feeling self conscious and noticed things nobody else would.

    That said, it's not too late to try a head scarf. :OP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen-

    It's Sabrina and Jenn K. We would love to know how to get to the hair shop. We're going this week to find Sabrina some hair. Hope you had a great weekend!

    Love, Jenn K. & Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ACS TLC catalog (both paper and online) have wig liners/cap doodads that are supposed to help hold the thing in place. Stuff is still gonna happen, but that just means more embarrassing stories for us to laugh at--I mean with--you, Jen. ShevyX.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails