Feb. 23: Thirteen happy years

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. I still feel lucky every day that I got to marry Victor, someone who makes me laugh so much and so often, someone who is more patient with me than I deserve, someone who has our engagement photo, 1996probably had pa-lenty of regrets in the past 13 years. Ha ha, Pal! Too bad—you’re stuck with me now! smiley

When we first got married, every night seemed like a slumber party. I couldn’t believe that I got to hang out with my best friend every night! I kept waiting for that feeling to wear off, but it still hasn’t. Laying next to each other, talking and giggling until we fall asleep… it’s the best. Sure, the excessive snoring has frequently made me question my love for him, but once my middle-of-the-night murderous rage has dissipated, I usually love him again by morning. Sometimes noon-ish.

It’s in the past year, as we’ve gotten answers for my ongoing health issues, that I’ve come to see exactly how strong my husband is, and what a perfect partner he is for me as we walk through my cancer fight together. I’m so thankful for all he does. He’s a good guy. I’m a lucky girl.

Two of the many, many snaps from our wedding reception:

We were both getting pretty tired of smiling by now We thought this part was the CORNIEST

And here’s my favorite picture from February 23, 1997:

Happy anniversary, honey! Here’s to many more happy years together! I love you best.

blogsignature

7 comments:

  1. Even though I think marriage is outdated and "happily ever after" is just for Shrek, I think you two are great for each other and love you both LOTS!!!

    I won't say "Happy Anniversary" because, well, you know...but I will say continue to enjoy each other more than anything!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, Vic is the perfect person for you! I love you both!! AND this union has given me the most amazing grandchildren! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you know divorce is the new marriage, get on it! :) Happy anniversary Jen & Vic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw happy anniversary Jen! I feel the same way about my hubby - love the middle of the night jokes and chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you and my wife should form a "Snoring Spouses Support Group?"

    Congratulations on Lucky 13! I'm happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the excessive snoring has also made me question my feelings for Vic :).
    Hope your anniv. dinner was marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that day well! Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails