Feb. 4: Where will you take your dirt nap?

I found an unusual online store while browsing the ‘net today and immediately thought THIS MUST BE SHARED.

Me? I want to be cremated, so it really does nothing for me. But anyone planning to be buried in the ground when they die might be interested in building their own coffin, right? Because how cheery and uplifting is that, spending your final days of life building a big ol’ box? Build It Yourself Coffin Kits are just the thing you could be looking for to prepare your final resting place.

You can customize your coffin with lovely medallions and columns. You can get pine or mahogany. And because your coffin comes to you partially pre-assembled, the little work you have to do can be completed between heart attacks or dialysis, or maybe even from your hospital bed! What could be better for the do-it-yourselfer? (For the true cheap-ass, I recommend the coffin in the photo above.)

Forget spending thousands of dollars on a fancy coffin from eBay or Costco that you’ll never get to enjoy. Just throw a few old dog blankets and one of those pine-scented car fresheners in and you’re good to go… to stay.

Feel free to thank me in your will. Because YOU KNOW I’m always here to help.

blogsignature

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking a glue gun and some glitter and fabric, and it could be a fun crafting project for the whole family! Great find, Jen.

    Yeah, except I'm a burner too. No boxes for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I have forgotten GLITTER??? What would a homemade casket be without glitter? Thanks for the super idea, Sherilee! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails