May 13: TV/Movie questions

OK, this is kind of a fun meme in which you answer a set of questions about your favorite TV show or movie. It was hard for me to choose just one TV show or movie, so I didn’t.

My first set of answers is for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

  • The first character I fell in love with: Probably Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni).
  • The character I’m most like: Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay), I suppose… I’m not as much of a hardass as most of the DA’s, and there aren’t very many non-victim female characters on SVU. I’ll say I’m most like Olivia.
  • The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Fin (Ice-T). He talks like he’s Mr. Tough Guy, but he rocks the sweetness every once in a while.
  • The character I’d like to punch in the face: A lot of the defense attorneys are dicks, but I’d say the criminals are most deserving of my fist.
  • My favorite characters: Fin, Dr. Huang (B.D. Wong), and Elliot & Olivia, of course.
  • My favorite couples: Are Munch (Richard Belzer) & Fin considered a couple? Their banter cracks me up the most.
  • The coolest thing about the show/movie: I like seeing the cops work so hard to catch the bad guys. I like to think our local police force is so dedicated, but for all I know, they’re a bunch of Chief Wiggums.
  • The lamest thing about the show/movie: The bad guy is never the first guy they suspect! Don’t they watch the show they’re on???
  • What happens in my favorite episode/scene: Can’t think of one particular episode I love. I like most of them, but I don’t watch them over and over.
  • Least favorite episode/scene: Just about any episode in which a child is the special victim is one I don’t like so much.
  • My favorite celebrity guest/cameo: Carol Burnett was reeeeally good.
  • Best music (if any)? This show isn’t exactly known for its musical numbers.
  • My favorite quote: Crime shows aren’t exactly known for their fine scriptwriting. I’d say if I have a favorite quote, it’s probably something Munch said—he seems to be the cleverest.

My next set of answers are for Modern Family.

  • The first character I fell in love with: Manny (Rico Rodriguez)! He’s adorable.
  • The character I’m most like: Claire (Julie Bowen), definitely. She tries really hard, but she’s totally frazzled.
  • The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Jay (Ed O’Neill). He reminds me of my dad—he seems like he’s a jerk, but his soft side comes through just often enough that you can see he’s pretty much a big marshmallow.
  • The character I’d like to punch in the face: Haley (Sarah Hyland). That’s mean, isn’t it? But she deserves it sometimes—she can be such a brat.
  • My favorite characters: Weird, but I like them all, except for Haley.
  • My favorite couples: Is there a cuter couple than Mitch (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cameron (Eric Stonestreet)? I adore them.
  • The coolest thing about the show/movie: I love that the three families, as different as they are, are still very close and socialize often.
  • The lamest thing about the show/movie: Its season is almost over. That sucks.
  • What happens in my favorite episode/scene: I liked the one where Jay and Cam touched butts in the locker room—the “moon landing.” (“You’ve got a name for it???”)
  • Least favorite episode/scene: Can’t think of any. I thoroughly enjoyed this show all season.
  • My favorite celebrity guest/cameo: Fred Willard was pretty perfect as Phil’s (Ty Burrell) father.
  • Best music (if any)? Duh! It’s got to be “In the Moonlight (Do Me).”
  • My favorite quote: Cameron: “Mitchell is an amazing lawyer. My dream for him is that one day he’ll be on the Supreme Court.” Mitchell: “Why, Cam?” Cameron: “So at parties I can tell everyone my partner is one of the Supremes.”

    I also love this one by Phil in the pilot episode: “I’m hip, I surf the Web, I text. LOL: Laugh out loud. OMG: Oh my God. WTF: Why the face?”

Feel free to play along in a comment or your own blog.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite Modern Family quote is Phil and Claire role-playing:

    "So if your wife is so beautiful, what are you doing here with me?"

    "Because I respect her too much to do the things I want to do to you tonight.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Modern Family too! One of my fav quotes was when Cam went out to eat with Gloria and ate spicy food: "It feels like I swallowed the sun!!!" LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern Family rocks! Great writing, well played.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails