May 7: IDCEAYWTPFriday

Time again for I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.

  • The all-over pain I usually have the week after chemo lasted an extra day this week. It sucked. It’s mostly gone now, though, and I’m feeling less hurt-y and just fatigued. I’m used to that. I can deal with that. The good thing is that I can leave the house without worrying that I will be unnecessarily mean to a perfectly nice person.
  • My friend Stephanie is always awesome, but she was even more awesome this week. She invited Jack over for a play date with her son Jayson, one of his best buds since preschool, and brought a tasty dinner for us that night too. LOVING her. smiley
  • I spent a good chunk of yesterday processing volunteer applications for the school. I loves me some folk who follow directions. The others? Don’t get me started. They wear me out from all the nagging they make me do. Last night I actually had dreams about the friggin’ volunteer database. Somebody please tell me a good story, one about a life that has nothing to do with school or people who ignore rules or smelly kids or germs. Thank-ee.
  • I couldn’t fall asleep until almost 4 a.m. last night/this morning. It might have something to do with all that Coke I drank in the evening. Or the meth.
  • I like clear shower curtains because bad guys can’t hide behind them and scare me. However, since they don’t offer much in the way of privacy, I favor a frosted or printed variety—the light and bad guy shadows show through, but they’re less X-rated. However, I think this frosted shower curtain would scare the crap out of me every. single. day.

  • My oncologist’s office just called to say my CT/PET scan results “look great.” They always say that, though, even when they know I have to do more chemo. Maybe to them, anything that shows a patient is still alive “looks great.” We’ll get more info on Tuesday afternoon, when we meet with Dr. O to decide what our next step will be. I hope it involves a lot less chemo and a lot more regrowth of hair.
  • How much do you love your teen idol? This is the definition of too much.
  • This morning I noticed that Jack’s fingernails were crazy-long, like Guinness Record Book-long. Is it bad that I wish he would bite them? At least then it wouldn’t seem like he has a negligent mother.
  • Oh, and speaking of the trials of raising a boy, tomorrow we’re going shopping for Jack’s fifth pair of glasses in a year. Why so many? The kid leaves them where they can easily be stepped on… sometimes they get mangled when he crashes his bike... and most recently, he walked too close to a kid on the swings. Oh yes, we are raising a smart, observant boy. But at least he doesn’t bite his fingernails.

Gotta shower and head over to the school. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Who posed behind the shower curtain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao - walked too close to a kid on swings? Sounds like you have your hands full! Good luck on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who posed behind the shower curtain?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails