May 21: IDCEAYWTPFriday

It’s Friday, and that means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.

  • I started my chemo follow-up regimen this week, which, it turns out, is not all that different from my regular chemo regimen. Same side effects (except for hair loss), same length of time in the chair every three weeks. Bleah. I am not a fan.
  • I was bizzy bizzy bizzy at the school this week with volunteer orientations and paperwork processing, all to keep our students safe. Next year my PTO doodies are going to change. I’ll be taking over the things Fancy Lori™ has been doing—treasurer, webmaster, yearbook editor, and maybe a few other titles. These things will all make me more awesome, right? Here’s the important question: will they make me FANCY???
  • For the last two days I haven’t taken any pain pills. No Vicodin, no Oxycontin, not even Advil. Yay me! It’s not that I’m pain-free, I’m just trying to tolerate the everyday stuff better. Please let me know if I’m being extry-grouchy and I’ll start poppin’ pills again.
  • I want, nay, MUST HAVE something with this printed on it:
  • Yahoo! Travel published America’s Top 10 Underrated Cities, and Portland’s on it. So are Providence, Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Kansas City, Louisville, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and Sacramento. I’ve only been to Minneapolis in the dead of winter, so I’m not a good judge of that city. But Sacramento? Really? It’s just really quite “meh” to me.
  • It is shocking to me to see how horrible Sharon Stone is on Law & Order: SVU. Seriously, is she the worst actress on the planet? During the hostage situation on this week’s season finale I was really, really hoping she’d die—that’s how bad she is on that show. I hope the fall season brings us a new ADA.
  • Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
  • I had an echocardiogram on Wednesday. I don’t know when they’ll compare it to the one I had in December and let me know if there have been any changes. Dr. O says it’s unlikely that my heart is damaged because of the amount of adriamycin I had, and the echo tech said at my age, the heart heals itself surprisingly well. These things are both comforting, but I’m still eager to hear the results.
  • I know, this is really pun-ny, but I love it anyway:
  • You’ve been asking yourself, and asking others, and dying to find out: if someone were to put together a list of the most awesome mustaches, who would be on it? Now you know. I would have totally called shenanigans on this if #1 wasn’t #1.
  • I’m going to a party at Sunshine’s house this evening! There will be food there! On Tuesday I’m meeting up with Loveliest Lori, Kim F’n, and Sunshine for lunch! And Deanna and Debi are visiting from Boise next weekend! I’m super-dee-duper excited to see them! As Jason Mraz sings, “la-la-la-la-la-la-la-life is wonderful.”

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You don't have to be a P.I. to know that Magnum's Stash is like the best ever! But I was sure the John Oates would have been higher in the ranking. #9? I can't go for that, no can do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that Serif picture - too freaking funny!

    I actually lived in Louisville for a long time growing up... I think I might rate it similarly to Sacramento with the "meh" but maybe if I went back as an adult I'd feel differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had a fancy Minneapolis native (such as myself, ahem) to give you a tour, you might find it a very nice city. There are tons of lakes, parks and arts venues that I still miss today. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnum P.I. = adolescenthood hero

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am delighted to admit that I had the same thoughts about Sharon Stone on L&O: SVU! She is awful!!!

    Thank you for putting thoughts on paper...I mean, the screen!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails