May 20: Thursday Thunks #7

Thursday Thunks (TT) is a blog meme for those who need a little kick in the butt to find something to post about. Your blog posts/answers to TTs can be type or pictures, doesn’t matter! YOU pick, not us, we just give you the assignment (yep, just like English class... only we won’t grade your spelling and grammar).

For this week’s Thursday Thunks, we describe something in our lives for each letter of the alphabet. This might be harder than it looks.

abc A: Ambulance drivers. Careful, they kill critters. My paramedic friend Kim F’n can tell you all about it, though not as proudly as my sister.

B: Books. I’ve got a stack of good ones right now. Reviews and recommendations coming soon.

C: Cancer. I can think of lots of things I like better. Like hangnails. And cleaning toilets. And flat tires.

D: Desk. I have a helluva time keeping mine clean, no thanks to the kids, who load it up with their crap. Whenever I do get it cleared off, though—enough to see the top, anyway—it feels like I’ve done something really, really good for humanity. But not really.

E: Exercise. I’m actually doing it. I’m proud of myself for this because I really, truly hate exercise.

F: Facebook. It rocks. I love being able to communicate with my friends so easily. I love the re-connections I’ve made there. It’s almost always a happy thing.

G: Garbage truck guys. They stop in the middle of the street, where there’s no way to get around them, and slowly pick up, like, five houses’ garbage at once, and won’t make eye contact because they obviously know you’re glaring at them from your car. They’re assholes. I’m sorry, but it’s true.

H: Happiness. It’s planning a lunch date with my girls.

I: iPhone. I’m working on another list of iPhone apps I love. Stay tuned.

J: Joe’s, Trader: I love finding new items there. Yesterday it was a Thai chicken salad, fresh mozzarella in snack stick form, and delicious frozen coffee bars. Of course, I got my standard favorites too: frozen macaroni and cheese, Caramel Bites (stroopwafels), and a small block of Havarti. Yum.

K: Kitty. Seems Millie is a scaredy-cat, literally. Another cat chased her into the house this morning. The other cat stayed outside, but Millie growled at it from her side of the pet door. Her tail was huge, but otherwise she was not exactly menacing. We thought she was kind of a bad-ass kitty, but when another cat chases you out of your own yard, I think that means you’re the opposite of bad-ass. Nice try, Millie. Stick to stalking grasshoppers.

L: Lucky. I’m a lucky girl. I’ve got the best of friends, a wonderful family, and much happiness. Sure, there’s that itty-bitty cancer nuisance, but all those other things make it totally do-able. Lucky. That be me.

M: Modern Family. Did you see it last night? Great show. So funny.

N: Naps. I cannot speak highly enough of naps. Are they the best? I think they just might be.

O: Online shopping. I love most of it, but some eBay sellers are being jackasses lately. Taking your time to ship things means I won’t buy crap from you again, get it?

P: Piano. The kids’ recital is coming up. This will be Jack’s first one and he’s actually excited about it—unless you ask him; then he says he hates piano and hates lessons and hates music. Funny, because we can’t keep him off the piano—he plays at least an hour a day. It’s the same series of songs over and over and over and drives us insane, but we’re glad he’s playing.

Q: Quiet. I love the peace in the house when the kids first leave in the morning.

R: Recital. I already mentioned it. See ‘P.’ Duh.

S: Strawberry pie. My mother-in-law brought over a homemade one yesterday. She made it with the shortbread crust she uses for her pumpkin pie, and OMG, it is delicious. I hope Victor enjoyed the pieces he had yesterday, because the rest of the pie will probably be gone by the time he gets home from work today. Heh heh heh…

T: Teeth. Jack said yesterday a dentist talked to their class about proper dental care, and when he mentioned yellowish teeth, “everyone” looked at Jack. I asked why, and he said, “Because they all know I have yellow teeth.” Nice. I’m so proud.

U: Unconscious. I will be soon. It’s almost naptime.

V: Vacation. I want one. I’ve probably mentioned that before.

W: Weather. We had a weird, wild storm yesterday, but at least it wasn’t anything like this one (thanks to Darby for that link). It’s continuing today; this morning I went out to my car after a short hailstorm and it looked like it was covered in snow. Crazy, I tell ya.

X: X-rated. I wish my son would stop telling naughty language stories in class. OK, they may not be x-rated, but they’re definitely R. Mr. N says they’re funny, but I think he’s just being nice and secretly thinks I’m the worst mom in the world.

Y: Yikes. That’s what I say when I think about the kids being home all summer. I have GOT to think up some ways to keep them busy and most importantly, out of my hair (so to speak).

Z: Zero. Zero letters left. I’m outtie.

Sheesh, that took forever. Feel free to play along if you’ve got four hours to kill.

3 comments:

  1. I love this!! But I don't have time to play because I now have to go out and find a Trader Joe's and get myself some frozen coffee bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modern Family is our new fav show! Loved the Hawaii episode. Heather says to watch the Christmas and bday episodes online :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern Family is our new fav show! Loved the Hawaii episode. Heather says to watch the Christmas and bday episodes online :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails