May 12: Hair watch #1, Day #1

Mother Mary suggested I do a regular photo update on my hair growth. Good idea, huh? They say after chemo that people’s hair often comes back a different color or texture, so it’s all very mysterious and fascinating to those directly involved. Not so much to anyone else, and for that, I apologize. But it’s my blog, and I can show my hair if I want to.

When I had a full head of hair, I had a VERY full head of hair—my hair has always been thick. Depending on its length, my natural curl has shown itself in different ways. When it was short, it could be quite curly; when it was long, it tended to weigh down the curl and had just a slight wave. But after my dad died, my hair turned really, really curly. My hairdresser was shocked at how much the texture changed. I’ve read that grief can do that to a person, but it’s kinda funny because Dad always hated my hair curly. So maybe *he* gave me cancer!

wink

We’re calling today Day #1 of hair growth. It’s been 15 days since my last chemo and that’s when any hair that’s grown since the previous chemo falls out again. Also, since yesterday was the day we got official word that chemo is done done DONE, it seems right to start from scratch today. So here goes… maybe we’ll do this monthly until it gets interesting-er.


Alright, I wrote that stuff above and then took a picture of my noggin. I’m not sure now that this is such a good idea. I mean, I don’t think anyone else will care, but the sight of my hair growth (or currently, lack thereof) is going to send me into a deep depression in which I age dramatically in a very short time. Because OMG, look at the top of my head:

Do you see all those grey hairs??? Check them out in a close-up:

Here’s a close-up with helpful notations:

Really, really bad idea, Mother Mary. You are totally paying for the therapy I’m going to need after this. And I may just send you the bill for my hair plugs too.

3 comments:

  1. You, my dear, are Top Notch! Maybe your hair will come out all Farrah Fawcett-ey...Maybe that's not gray, but TOE HEAD. Ha ha...I'm sooooo excited to see what'll happen! You totally cracked me up BIG with the labels and arrows! Never change that spunk, my friend, never change that spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's going to cost me, is it? Well, Sunshine thinks it's a good idea--and I'm sure L. Lori will as well--they're on my side, you know!!! And what's wrong with gray hair?? Jen, careful, your birthday is coming up in a few months. Think about it, what's wrong with gray hair?? Yeah, I still love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wet my pants a little with laughter. You are a NUT HEAD. That's what you are. I love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails