May 22: What?

I have no trouble remembering exactly how much Monopoly money to distribute as banker, even though I haven’t played the game in a hundred years. But ask me where I parked my car this morning and it’ll take me a while to remember.

Our phone number when I was seven years old? Piece. Of. Cake. But the last three times I went to Target I meant to get bathroom cleaner and every time I left with a cart full of stuff and no bathroom cleaner.

I need to remember new things, but the unimportant stuff that’s been tucked away for no reason whatsoever won’t leave. There’s just not room for anything else; my brain is full. This is all kinds of wrong.

I can recite every word of almost any Seinfeld episode, but if I’m not thinking I’ll tell the beagle what a sweet kitty she is.

3 comments:

  1. So Vic needs to go buy bathroom cleaner? Because that's what I'm hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find memory stuff like that so fascinating... when it's happening to other people. When it's happening to me, ugh. Just one more reason I love my iPhone and the notes app...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails