Dec. 14: When! I said WHEN!

Alright, who do I talk to about getting this snow to disappear? I’m done.

It was fun for a few minutes. I loved hearing the kids’ reactions to it when they woke up. Getting them all bundled up to go play in it. Watching them sledding down the hill with their friends. Helping them warm up with blankets and hot chocolate. Snow here is so rare that it’s a real treat.

But now school’s cancelled for tomorrow, and the forecast calls for more snow mid-week. The way Portlanders handle snow (the city pretty much shuts down), we’ll probably have more school closings until the temps go up again.

About four inches fell in Clackamas today. It was very wet snow, as it usually is here, and it’ll undoubtedly turn to ice overnight. It’s right that the schools will be closed tomorrow. Unfortunately, it isn’t going to keep enough cars off the road. Few people around here have any clue how to drive in snow, much less ice. I don’t care who you are, no one can drive in ice. And yet every time we get snow in this city there are idiots who think they can drive down steep hills just fine and then end up on TV because they can’t.

What I enjoy least about the snow is having to drive in it. I don’t do well. But it’s other people’s driving that really, really scares the crap out of me and keeps me at home. And I have a bunch of work to do this week, at least one doctor appointment, a meeting in Salem, volunteer time at the school, Christmas shopping to finish up, and packages to ship. I’m afraid that snow just doesn’t fit in my schedule right now.

So who do I talk to about getting rid of it?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. So apparently Amazon can't solve all your problems, huh?

    Guess one of us was looking ahead to the disaster this was going to cause!

    I'm already going stir crazy. We had no problems here in Salem until 5ish and then it started. I should have been out running wild until then but I stayed at home cleaning. What was I thinking?

    I'll never make it through tomorrow if I can't leave this house. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 INCHES????? Sheesh. Don't visit here - we've been getting pelted with many FEET of snow. In fact we MOVED in the midst of it. Brings back memories of heavy frost in Oregon . . . sheesh, I say.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails