Dec. 22: Snowed in

We didn’t drive to Sunriver today. The roads around Portland are pretty much impossible to drive on, even with traction devices, and crossing over the Cascades certainly isn’t going to be any better. We’ll try again in the morning. If not, well, I don’t want to think about that right now.

Here are some photos we took of the madness. This was how the table on our deck looked yesterday morning:



And this is how it looked this morning:



It snowed even more today and we got another several inches’ accumulation. Much shoveling has been required. The snow’s too dry to pack so the kids aren’t cleaning up the yard by making snow people and having fights, etc. Basically the snow’s just getting shifted a little, but not disappearing. And there’s so much snow covering the cars, I thought my Jetta was the minivan.

We stayed indoors most of the day. We watched Christmas movies, played board games, read books and played with the dogs. It was fun. For being snowbound, things could be much worse.

4 comments:

  1. We're supposed to head to Salem/Keizer Weds morning and we're playing it by ear until that moment. Blech, I hate snow. Check my actual blog for my flikr stream lower left sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second photo looks a lot like what MA got, but I'm just guessing - I have no idea how deep it is - glad you are having fun, despite the change of plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're staying mostly positive. I can't seem to find the good in all this. Our normal Christmas tradition of going to my Mom's on Christmas day is ruined due to roads by her house being too snowy. That, and the fact she doesn't have power! The big problem for me is if I can't leave my house and get to my office for kids' presents...Santa will be late. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second photo looks a lot like what MA got, but I'm just guessing - I have no idea how deep it is - glad you are having fun, despite the change of plans!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails