Dec. 19: Bite me, Mother Nature

We got more snow and freezing temperatures overnight. Today is the fifth consecutive day of unscheduled school closures, and it’s crazy how long this has all gone on. Really, it’s rare for us to have more than one or two days of this kind of stuff in a year, and those days almost never come in the same week.

In addition to concerns about my ongoing mental health, I’m trying not to think about a couple of things: whether my mom will be able to get here on Sunday, and whether we’ll be able to get to Sunriver on Monday. Interstate 5 is looking pretty treacherous right now, with several closings between here and Medford, so Mom’s trek looks iffy at best. And while there are a few different routes we can take to central Oregon, right now all of them are very, very white. So in an effort NOT to think about Christmas possibly sucking this year, I share with you this video news release from the Oregon Zoo. At 1:07 are the tigers rolling in the snow with no apparent travel concerns, and starting right about 2:32 is baby Samudra experiencing his first snow. He’s such a cutie—just like a kid, totally ignoring the adults’ disregard for the icy white goodness.


1 comment:

  1. I'm looking at the weather forecast for the next week and a half and it's crazy filled with snow storms - like every other day! I mean my area gets a lot of snow but this is awfully early for us to get so many - I can remember many Christmases with no snow at all yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails