Jun. 19: A wee Wii question

“Wee Wii” = hee hee.

wiiWe surprised Katie and Jack with a Nintendo Wii this week and they instantly decreed we were the best parents EVER. I think our neighbors are possibly the most grateful of all because it means our kids will invade their homes less often and really, who would want Jack around all the time? He’s loud and stinky. We can barely stand him in our own house.

The Wii console comes with Wii Sports, which Victor is enjoying a little bit too much. I’ve seen very little of him after the kids’ bedtime because he finally gets the Wii to himself and doesn’t have to let the kids win every game. Also, he’s getting winded at the Wii bat and I’m worried about his real heart. But I checked, and our life insurance is all paid up so, y’know, whatevs.

We also bought Lego Indiana Jones because Jack is insane for all things Lego and Indiana Jones. Also, he kept asking to go over to some kid’s house for a play date but finally admitted he just wanted some time to play the game. We thought having our own Wii was a better option than calling some parent we don’t know to ask if our kid can spend time at their kid’s house. Jack loves the Wii version of the game (he’s mastered the DS version) and is excited to try out the other Lego Wii games too.

Katie’s first game choice was Wii Play, which is mostly just fun practice for using the Wii remote in all possible ways other games may require. It’s a fun assortment of activities, though—there’s a game similar to air hockey that I love, and I rocked on the fishing one. (Clearly, action games are not my thing. Give me Scrabble any day.)

So, my question is this: what are the big Wii hits at your house, and why? We want to add to our collection of games but would like some variety and are hoping for suggestions from other Wii owners. Please leave your advice in a comment. Thanks!

blogsignaturepic

8 comments:

  1. Jen,

    I'm the only one up right now but I'll ask T2 (for Jack) and T3 (probably more for Katie) what their favorite games are for the Wii. We've had it since Christmas 2007 and I've never touched it. For that matter I've never played a PS game, either. I tell people I have no interest but I think deep down...I know I'd suck at it. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEED to get World of Goo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Goo
    You, Victor and Katie would love it - it is a problem solving game.
    Jack needs Mario Kart (you don't need the wheels, you can just use the controllers for it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything Mario is a hit around here... Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario... and of course we always return to bowling off the main Wii Play for family Wii night.

    There was a brief Excite Truck phase, and a Dance Dance Revolution phase... Current fave is Line Rider 2, but that's mostly because Seth is a Line Rider freak in general. Spends too much time on that on his computer.

    Did I mention he got me Boogie Super Star for Mother's Day? Feeding into my latent karaoke desires... too bad all the songs are new/current/Top 40 and thus completely unknown to me...

    World of Goo sounds fun to me, must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about such things. My kids love to weave baskets, write poetry and are always fighting over whose turn it is to use the pottery wheel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far our favorites are probably Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Rockband 2 (that's just the version we have, I don't know if it's better than the other Rockbands). They are coming out with a Beatles themed Rockband this fall that has me drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both boys (also) recommended Mario Party 8. Theo said that Jack would like "anything Star Wars." Not sure he knows Star Wars has been traded for Indiana Jones. ;)

    Whatever happened to Pong and Pac Man?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like WiiFit and I was especially impressed when I could download Dr Mario on Wii. Now we're talkin' . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen,

    I'm the only one up right now but I'll ask T2 (for Jack) and T3 (probably more for Katie) what their favorite games are for the Wii. We've had it since Christmas 2007 and I've never touched it. For that matter I've never played a PS game, either. I tell people I have no interest but I think deep down...I know I'd suck at it. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails