Jun. 14: The word clouding of Stuff Jen Says

Have you heard of Wordle? Here’s how the site describe what it does:

Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.

Here’s an example, using the lyrics of Mary Had a Little Lamb (click the image).

Click for a larger view

I’ve run my blog through Wordle a number of times in the past, to extremely uninteresting results. The thing is, it only uses the first page of the blog, which is ten days of posts here at Stuff Jen Says. If my entire blog could be used, I’m sure the most frequent words seen in the word cloud would not be things of which I would be very proud. Phrases like “bastard jackasses,” “everyone’s stupid but me,” and “I broke my foot again” would be huge. HUGE.

I was kind of surprised when I created a Wordle word cloud today and the most frequently used words from my past ten days’ posts were not “bruise” or “Guess how I hurt myself today?” In fact, I was surprised at what the largest word was—look for yourself:

wordle0614

Maybe I’m not such a negative Nelly after all. Or maybe Wordle is just a lying bastard jackass.

blogsignaturepic

2 comments:

  1. It's like a self-made silver lining except Wordle did it - I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails