Jun. 3: That’s my boy

Another Jack post? Already? Yes. This evening Vic discovered this in Jack’s sketchbook:

morons

Translation: “I know I’ll be famous one day. But I have to get through school with a bunch of morons.”

“Moron” happens to be one of the naughty words I use while driving, so at first I felt a little guilty for teaching a not-very-nice-though-totally-appropriate-while-driving term to The Boy. Then I felt kinda relieved that (so far) I’ve never forgotten he’s in the car when my potty mouth lets loose. But then I thought, where does he get off calling his friends morons? None of them can spell. I know—I test them every Friday. They’re all freakin’ Sweathogs.

A quick peek in his Diary of a Wimpy Kid book revealed that Jack pretty much copied this little gem from one of the comic pages. Whew. Guess I won’t be recommending the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series to y’all. This photo, in fact, serves as a warning as to the dangerous behavior it can incite.

Watch for a much-embellished version of this story in the Manullang Christmas Letter 2009.

blogsignaturepic

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarous. Theo loves the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn. I hope Riley isn't one of the morons!heehee

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails