Sep. 16: Reading meme

books Stolen from Momma Blogs A Lot:

Did you know it’s Book Blogger Appreciation Week (September 14th-18th)? They are celebrating today with a fun reading meme!

  • Do you snack while you read? If so, what’s your favorite reading snack? 
    I don’t usually snack while I read. Too messy.
  • Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? 
    I don’t write in most of my books. Occasionally I mark pages with Post-its.
  • How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
    Bookmarks, always. I make purty beaded ones.
  • Fiction, non-fiction, or both? 
    Both, but definitely more fiction.
  • Hard copy or audio books? 
    Hard copies most of the time, but I love audio books when I’m walking or working in the yard or driving. Otherwise I tend not to concentrate enough to follow.
  • Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
    I usually try to stop at a good break.
  • If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? 
    Yes.
  • What are you currently reading? 
    Just starting a new one that’s titled “Confessions of a Farm Girl” or something like that.
  • What is the last book you bought? 
    I got a bunch of audio books on iTunes.
  • Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? 
    I tend to remember very little about them if I read more than one at a time. I like to cherish my books and give them my full attention. I think I’m weird that way. Most people I know read more than one at a time.
  • Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? 
    As long as it’s quiet, I don’t care what time it is or where I am. No, that’s not true. I like to be someplace comfy.
  • Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? 
    Either or both. The only time I really don’t like series books is if they don’t even come close to living up to the original.
  • Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? 
    So many. I love David Sedaris, Anne Tyler, Alice Hoffman, Sarah Vowell, Amy Tan, Armistead Maupin, and Amy Krouse Rosenthal. It’s not so much a particular genre that I enjoy as it is books that make me *feel* something.
  • How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) 
    By genre, definitely. I want to do it by color—that’s the new, hip decorating style—but I’m afraid I’d never be able to find anything ever again.

blogsignature

2 comments:

  1. Sorting by color looks sooo cool but the hubby gave the idea BIG thumbs down when I mentioned it to him. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Do you snack while you read? If so, what’s your favorite reading snack?
    I rarely snack while reading, but if I do it's something salty.
    * Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
    Yes, I do a lot of marking--in my more serious reading. I grew up hearing "never write in books" so it took me years to give myself permission--now my books are my friends so it's my way of communicating with them.
    * How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
    Bookmarks, always, thanks to Jen making me purty beaded ones.
    * Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
    Both, but more non-fiction.
    * Hard copy or audio books?
    Hard copies most of the time, but audio books when I drive long distances.
    * Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
    Usually to the end of chapters.
    * If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
    I look it up if I can't figure out the meaning within the context.
    * What are you currently reading?
    I just finished a book by Anita Shreeve and am waiting for 4 books from Bookins and Amazon--I know, a bit compulsive...
    * What is the last book you bought?
    If The Buddha Got Stuck by Charlotte Kasl, PhD
    * Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
    I usually have two going--one more serious that I read when I'm alert, and one to put me to sleep.
    * Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
    Morning and before bed; in bed or in a lounge chair on the patio.
    * Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
    Usually stand alone--I go by topic and authors.
    * Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
    Many--Maeve Binchy, Rosemund Pilcher, Barbara Kingsolver, David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, Deepak Chopra, Charlotte Kasl, I could go on and on....these are authors that impact me at some level.
    * How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
    By genre and author.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails