Sep. 17: Cookie whore

Yes, it’s true: I can be bought.

Loveliest Lori has been promising that I would no longer want or need to call her Grouchiest Lori after I received my birthday gift from her. Not that I was ever doubtful or considered trademarking this new name, but she was indeed correct! Just minutes ago my doorbell rang and I was presented with a delightful cookie bouquet.

cookiebouquet

I opened the cellophane wrap and the kitchen instantly filled with the delicious aroma of fresh sugar cookies and frosting. And there’s Mickey! And Minnie! They’re each bigger than my hand and look too pretty to eat but I’m totally gonna anyway. And don’t give me that stuff about waiting until my birthday… turns out I need to get halfway across the country for my parade tomorrow so I have to get my suitcase packed. What does one wear to a ticker tape parade? And does it make any difference that the ticker tape parade is in Booger Hollow, Kansas? With bunks and outhouses and Pappy and Mammy Booger, oh my?

Thank you, Loveliest Lori, for being the loveliest gift-giver EVER. Or as she said when I texted her, “Take that, Kim F’n.” smiley

blogsignature

5 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable -- and I think I'm smelling the adorable cookies nearly 300 miles away!! Lori -- you're a sweetheart!! And to my favorite youngest daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Booger Hollow, ARKANSAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's funny about having the event in Arkansas is that my mom is actually there right now! She's on a motorhome trip and her friend Lloyd's family is there. Hicksville. ;)

    And Mother Mary hasn't said it...but I'm pretty sure I'm her favorite MIDDLE child.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a fruit bouquet when the baby was born and were so thrilled - but a cookie bouquet? That's just magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely adorable -- and I think I'm smelling the adorable cookies nearly 300 miles away!! Lori -- you're a sweetheart!! And to my favorite youngest daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails