Sep. 18: Party wit’ me!

Today’s celebration isn’t much of a milestone—I’m turning a very unexciting 41—but it’s still a birthday and where I come from, birthdays are meant to be celebrated. Sit down for a drink, won’t you? We’ve got…

  …lemon drops…
…my favorite Midori cocktails…
mojito …Christina’s mojitos…
…oh, just go ahead and order whatever you want, it’s an open bar. (Mom, please watch that other daughter of yours, won’t you?)

There’s lots of food, too, all lovingly and deliciously prepared by my friend Dawn.

Push the balloons out of the way if they bother you. Sorry there are so many; I love how they make everything look fun and festive. There are lots of other party things too, if you feel like throwing things or making noise…
Loveliest Lori, can you keep an eye on the aquarium and make sure nobody taps on the glass? Thanks.
Music is provided by the very talented band The Rouge. They’re in such high demand these days; we were lucky to book them. (Pssst… I dare you to ask them to do “Polly Wolly Doodle.”)
Hey, who’s in charge of Kathy? Someone keeps filling her glass and she just stole Ed’s shoes. Alright, fine. Just make sure she puts this on…
…and these too, just in case… 1suspenders
…and if she just can’t keep her pants on, make sure you get pictures. Someday this photo evidence might finally embarrass her into staying dressed an entire party long (we can hope).
Time for cupcakes!

Now, don’t hurry off; we’ll be partying all day! Have fun, and thanks so much for helping me celebrate today!

blogsignature

9 comments:

  1. Happy Day, Jen-Jen! And I've been practicing "Hey, don't do that!" for my aquarium duty.

    Love you much...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look too cute - I wish I could reach in and grab one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I paid extra for the caps and exclamation points because you're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your day is wonderful! Looks like you're off to a great start with those drinks... and cupcakes too! Woo-hoo. Party on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, you've always been great at planning parties!! Now I see you have expanded into BLOG BIRTHDAY PARTIES. My ALWAYS creative daughter!!!! I love you -- have a positively WONDERFUL day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cupcakes and cocktails! Woohoo my type of party. Happy birthday Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful day, Jen!!! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suspenders just remind me of the time that Ron went fishing with that 170 lbs of crap Mom lost on her diet a couple years ago. He attached his suspenders to his unders and Ron didn't tell him all day. (Not like he woulda cared anyway.)So, I refuse to wear those.Unless they are pink suspenders. With Hello Kitty. THEN I would wear suspenders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Party on - I'm on my way! Oh, is the aquarium a replica of the one in Nemo? Then F'n Kim could play the part of Darla :).

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails