Sep. 25: Meme-iness

meme Another stolen meme. Jen E posted this on Facebook but there were a lot of the same questions from a meme we did a few weeks ago so I zapped those.

  1. Who was the last person to call you babe?
    I don’t think anyone calls me ‘babe.’ I’m sure I get called *A* babe all the time, but… [cough, cough]… they prob’ly mean ‘Babe,’ as in the pig in that movie.
  2. Would you consider yourself a jock/prep/goth/emo/gangster?
    Definitely a prep, and proudly so.
  3. Have you ever been to the emergency room?
    More times this year than in all my years previous. See what turning 40 does to ya?
  4. Do you like hot or cold weather more?
    I hate this kind of question—not a fan of the extremes.
  5. How many different kinds of meat have you eaten?
    Beef, pork, venison, rabbit, lamb, turkey, chicken, seafood, parakeet.
  6. Do (did) you pass all your classes?
    I think I dropped them before I failed them, so YES.
  7. Do you like winter?
    Yes
  8. Have you stuck gum under your desk?
    No no no! So gross.
  9. Would you get plastic surgery?
    Yes
  10. Who do you text the most?
    Yesterday, Sunshine. But probably Kathy or Lori on normal days. I’m not much of a texter yet, but I love it.
  11. Do you wish you had smaller feet?
    No
  12. Has a rumor been spread about you?
    I doubt it.
  13. Have you written a secret admirer letter?
    My friends and I all crushed on this one guy in high school. We called ourselves The Ravaged Five (wishful thinking) and our logo—yes, we had a logo—was an upside-down heart with a five inside it. We drew this symbol in lipstick on the guy’s side-view mirror and on all the notes we left on his windshield. At graduation our junior year we gave him a note and admitted who we were. He was not even a little bit surprised.
  14. Ever fallen for your best friend?
    Yes, and then I married him.
  15. Eaten deer meat?
    Yes
  16. Would you pretend to like something to please your partner?
    No pretending. That’s just kooky talk.
  17. Favorite ex?
    Isn’t this like asking me to name the best cold sore I ever had?
  18. Are you insecure about your weight?
    I hate mirrors.
  19. Ever had a stupid situation turn out great?
    Sure
  20. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
    Both are pretty awesome.
  21. Do you look like your mom or dad?
    Dad
  22. How long does it take you in the shower?
    Ten minutes, unless I’m shaving my legs. Then it takes an hour and three new blades.
  23. Do you watch reality TV?
    As little as possible.
  24. What movie do you want to see right now?
    That new one with Vince Vaughn and the other one with Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey.
  25. Do you illegally burn music?
    [hangs head in shame]
  26. What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
    Can’t remember. The kids stayed up and we toasted at midnight, but I don’t remember what we did before that.
  27. Last sporting event attended?
    Mariners-Yankees game on Sunday. Before that, I can’t remember.
  28. Have you been to an IMAX theater?
    Yes
  29. Was your mom a cheerleader?
    I don’t think so. She was a majorette, though, and we’ve got the marching band pictures to prove it. She can still twirl a baton like nobody’s business, and she used to be able to toss one (can you still do that, Mom?).
  30. Were you a planned pregnancy for your parents?
    I like to think so. My sister will insist otherwise.
  31. What is your brother’s mom’s name?
    No bro.
  32. How old was your mom when she gave birth to you?
    26
  33. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
    6-8
  34. Last time you gave someone a hug?
    I hug the kids every night before bed.
  35. What do you buy at the movies?
    Usually nothing, but if I get snacks it’s popcorn. Sometimes Junior Mints.
  36. Do you know how to play poker?
    Yes
  37. Do you wear your seatbelt?
    Always
  38. What do you wear to sleep?
    Since I’ve been sleeping sitting up, it’s hard to keep covered so I wear jammies. When I slept in a bed—which I hope to do again someday—I wear much less.
  39. Anything big ever happen in your town?
    Mt. St. Helens erupted over us a few times. Most of the news-worthy stuff has very little pride associated with it (Tonya Harding, Bob Packwood, etc.).
  40. Is your hair straight or curly?
    It’s mostly naturally curly, but I often dry it straight. Throughout the day it ends up curly and frizzy and unattractive because there are places where it’s naturally stick-straight. Stupid hair.
  41. Is your tongue pierced?
    No
  42. What is your favorite sushi?
    “Favorite” and “sushi” don’t go together in my vocabulary.
  43. Do you like funny or serious people better?
    Funny. I likes me the funny.
  44. Ever been to Hollywood?
    Yes
  45. Any plans for tonight?
    Nothing big.
  46. Last party attended?
    Sophie’s birthday.
  47. Do you hate chocolate?
    No
  48. Are you a gullible person?
    Sometimes
  49. Ever go to a theme or costume party?
    Yes
  50. If you could have any job what would it be?
    I think I’d make a really good billionaire.
  51. Are you easy to get along with?
    Ask the people who have to get along with me.
  52. What is your favorite time of day?
    Evening, after the kids have gone to bed, when Vic and I can finally talk uninterrupted.
  53. Are you a generally happy person?
    I like to think so.

Please, oh please, play along.

blogsignature

3 comments:

  1. You make me laugh so much, I don't even know where to begin but let's start with the Ravaged 5 because lmfao, seriously - it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Who was the last person to call you babe?
    George Clooney--in my dreams....
    2. Would you consider yourself a jock/prep/goth/emo/gangster?
    a diva--why wasn't that in the list?
    3. Have you ever been to the emergency room?
    Yes
    4. Do you like hot or cold weather more?
    80-85 degrees is perfect
    5. How many different kinds of meat have you eaten?
    Beef, pork, venison, rabbit, lamb, turkey, chicken, seafood, frogs.
    6. Do (did) you pass all your classes?
    Yep
    7. Do you like winter?
    Yes--with a good book
    8. Have you stuck gum under your desk?
    In my previous life...
    9. Would you get plastic surgery?
    Are you saying I need it?
    10. Who do you text the most?
    I don't
    11. Do you wish you had smaller feet?
    No
    12. Has a rumor been spread about you?
    Not that interesting
    13. Have you written a secret admirer letter?
    No
    14. Ever fallen for your best friend?
    Only in my dreams.
    15. Eaten deer meat?
    Yes
    16. Would you pretend to like something to please your partner?
    Not anymore!
    17. Favorite ex?
    That's a slam dunk!
    18. Are you insecure about your weight?
    Only the flab.
    19. Ever had a stupid situation turn out great?
    The story of my life.
    20. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
    Since I sleep alone, I'd say I prefer eating, but with friends.
    21. Do you look like your mom or dad?
    My dad's sisters--according to my mother when she's mad at me!
    22. How long does it take you in the shower?
    5-7 minutes
    23. Do you watch reality TV?
    Don't like it!
    24. What movie do you want to see right now?
    Some new romantic comedies that are out.
    25. Do you illegally burn music?
    No, I let my kids do that...
    26. What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
    I could create a wild story, but I actually can't remember.
    27. Last sporting event attended?
    Roller derby? Wheel chair races?
    28. Have you been to an IMAX theater?
    Yes--LOVE them!
    29. Was your mom a cheerleader?
    At an all girls Catholic school? Right!!
    30. Were you a planned pregnancy for your parents?
    Since no contraception existed then, I'll say "yes, of course!"
    31. What is your brother’s mom’s name?
    Is this a trick question?
    32. How old was your mom when she gave birth to you?
    19 years, 11 months and 3 weeks.
    33. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
    6-7
    34. Last time you gave someone a hug?
    Just dropped a friend off at the airport this morning and gave her a hug goodbye.
    35. What do you buy at the movies?
    Nothing
    36. Do you know how to play poker?
    No, I like wearing clothes too much
    37. Do you wear your seatbelt?
    Always--I'd fall out of my seat if I didn't--wouldn't I?
    38. What do you wear to sleep?
    pj's or a gown
    39. Anything big ever happen in your town?
    Mt. St. Helens when I lived in PDX
    40. Is your hair straight or curly?
    Sort of medium curly
    41. Is your tongue pierced?
    No
    42. What is your favorite sushi?
    Not my thing
    43. Do you like funny or serious people better?
    There's a time for both in my life--but the serious mustn't be snobby-serious
    44. Ever been to Hollywood?
    Yes
    45. Any plans for tonight?
    No
    46. Last party attended?
    Too many to remember...
    47. Do you hate chocolate?
    Is this a trick question?
    48. Are you a gullible person?
    I have been but not so much anymore.
    49. Ever go to a theme or costume party?
    Yes
    50. If you could have any job what would it be?
    Housesitter for a villa in Tuscany
    51. Are you easy to get along with?
    Ask my ex's...
    52. What is your favorite time of day?
    Evenings when all demands--OK there aren't too many--are finished.
    53. Are you a generally happy person?
    Content and at peace is a better way to express who I am.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails