Another stolen meme. Jen E posted this on Facebook but there were a lot of the same questions from a meme we did a few weeks ago so I zapped those.
- Who was the last person to call you babe?
I don’t think anyone calls me ‘babe.’ I’m sure I get called *A* babe all the time, but… [cough, cough]… they prob’ly mean ‘Babe,’ as in the pig in that movie.
- Would you consider yourself a jock/prep/goth/emo/gangster?
Definitely a prep, and proudly so.
- Have you ever been to the emergency room?
More times this year than in all my years previous. See what turning 40 does to ya?
- Do you like hot or cold weather more?
I hate this kind of question—not a fan of the extremes.
- How many different kinds of meat have you eaten?
Beef, pork, venison, rabbit, lamb, turkey, chicken, seafood, parakeet.
- Do (did) you pass all your classes?
I think I dropped them before I failed them, so YES.
- Do you like winter?
- Have you stuck gum under your desk?
No no no! So gross.
- Would you get plastic surgery?
- Who do you text the most?
Yesterday, Sunshine. But probably Kathy or Lori on normal days. I’m not much of a texter yet, but I love it.
- Do you wish you had smaller feet?
- Has a rumor been spread about you?
I doubt it.
- Have you written a secret admirer letter?
My friends and I all crushed on this one guy in high school. We called ourselves The Ravaged Five (wishful thinking) and our logo—yes, we had a logo—was an upside-down heart with a five inside it. We drew this symbol in lipstick on the guy’s side-view mirror and on all the notes we left on his windshield. At graduation our junior year we gave him a note and admitted who we were. He was not even a little bit surprised.
- Ever fallen for your best friend?
Yes, and then I married him.
- Eaten deer meat?
- Would you pretend to like something to please your partner?
No pretending. That’s just kooky talk.
- Favorite ex?
Isn’t this like asking me to name the best cold sore I ever had?
- Are you insecure about your weight?
I hate mirrors.
- Ever had a stupid situation turn out great?
- Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Both are pretty awesome.
- Do you look like your mom or dad?
- How long does it take you in the shower?
Ten minutes, unless I’m shaving my legs. Then it takes an hour and three new blades.
- Do you watch reality TV?
As little as possible.
- What movie do you want to see right now?
That new one with Vince Vaughn and the other one with Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey.
- Do you illegally burn music?
[hangs head in shame]
- What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
Can’t remember. The kids stayed up and we toasted at midnight, but I don’t remember what we did before that.
- Last sporting event attended?
Mariners-Yankees game on Sunday. Before that, I can’t remember.
- Have you been to an IMAX theater?
- Was your mom a cheerleader?
I don’t think so. She was a majorette, though, and we’ve got the marching band pictures to prove it. She can still twirl a baton like nobody’s business, and she used to be able to toss one (can you still do that, Mom?).
- Were you a planned pregnancy for your parents?
I like to think so. My sister will insist otherwise.
- What is your brother’s mom’s name?
- How old was your mom when she gave birth to you?
- How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
- Last time you gave someone a hug?
I hug the kids every night before bed.
- What do you buy at the movies?
Usually nothing, but if I get snacks it’s popcorn. Sometimes Junior Mints.
- Do you know how to play poker?
- Do you wear your seatbelt?
- What do you wear to sleep?
Since I’ve been sleeping sitting up, it’s hard to keep covered so I wear jammies. When I slept in a bed—which I hope to do again someday—I wear much less.
- Anything big ever happen in your town?
Mt. St. Helens erupted over us a few times. Most of the news-worthy stuff has very little pride associated with it (Tonya Harding, Bob Packwood, etc.).
- Is your hair straight or curly?
It’s mostly naturally curly, but I often dry it straight. Throughout the day it ends up curly and frizzy and unattractive because there are places where it’s naturally stick-straight. Stupid hair.
- Is your tongue pierced?
- What is your favorite sushi?
“Favorite” and “sushi” don’t go together in my vocabulary.
- Do you like funny or serious people better?
Funny. I likes me the funny.
- Ever been to Hollywood?
- Any plans for tonight?
- Last party attended?
- Do you hate chocolate?
- Are you a gullible person?
- Ever go to a theme or costume party?
- If you could have any job what would it be?
I think I’d make a really good billionaire.
- Are you easy to get along with?
Ask the people who have to get along with me.
- What is your favorite time of day?
Evening, after the kids have gone to bed, when Vic and I can finally talk uninterrupted.
- Are you a generally happy person?
I like to think so.
Please, oh please, play along.