Feb. 23: On this day in history

To be sung to the tune of The William Tell Overture:

Happy anniversary ♫
♪Happy anniversary
Happy anniversary ♫
Haaaaaaaaaaappy anniversary!
♪Happy happy happy happy happy anniversary
Happy happy happy happy happy anniversary
Happy anniversary
Happy anniversary ♫
Happy anniversary
♪Haaaaaaaaaaappy anniversary!♪


Eleven years ago today Victor and I got married, and it was probably the most fun day of our entire lives thus far. I still smile at the memory of our wedding and reception and how it was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Of course, it had to go well because I'd planned it down to the smallest detail. (I would find out later that the church wench did her best to ruin it for everyone, but I was blissfully unaware of her shenanigans on my wedding day.)

Victor and I met when I was 14 and he was 18, and we were married just 14 short years later. Scout joined our family a few months after the wedding. Katie arrived just before our third anniversary, Jack almost two years after that. Casey came along about two years ago. Our family is complete. We're still happily in love today, and plan for that to continue for at least another few days.

Eleven years ago:


Add a few pounds and wrinkles and more pounds and grey hair and even more pounds, and you can figger out how we look today as an old married couple. Yay us.





The first pic above is for Kathy's benefit... she knows.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to my youngest daughter and son-in-law!! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats to you both Jen & Vic! What a great picture and neither of you look a day older! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We try but we could never sing it quite so nice as he did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, you guys! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to my youngest daughter and son-in-law!! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We try but we could never sing it quite so nice as he did!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails