Feb. 21: I can make fire naughty

So, I went on Jack's field trip Tuesday. The kindergarteners went to a new fire station in the area. They always ask for lots of parents to come along as chaperones because apparently little kids can really get out of line on these trips.

They didn't count on us.

The depravity began before we left the school, when one of the moms (not me) asked if she could slide down the fire pole. And it got worse. It got much, much worse.

In admittedly weak defense, it is impossible for someone like me to be expected to tour a fire station without giggling. And it became obvious on Tuesday that a few other moms are also someone like me. I tell you, the "that's what she said!" opportunities were endless. We were shushed many times, even by the kindergarteners.

You say immature, I say devilish. Let's call the whole thing off. 'Cuz either way, I doubt I'll be asked to chaperone again.

Meh.


2 comments:

  1. Wasn't the ultimate plan to not be asked back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chip off the ol' block! Proud of you Daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails