Feb. 5: Squooosh

Where's my balloon? Where's my party?

I had my first mammogram today. Yes, I should have done it four years ago. Yes, my doctor chastises me every time I see her for not going before now. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, but I wasn't absolutely dreading it either. I was pretty sure the worst of the horror stories were exaggerations, so it was just a matter of scheduling the appointment. Perhaps best of all, my doctor isn't going to yell at me anymore (I'm a leetle bit a-scared of her).

The procedure was completely painless. There was a small amount of what I can't even call discomfort; it was more like awkwardness, mostly from trying to stand still. I've worn bras that were more painful than that whole thing.

Also, it really seemed like the tech should have bought me dinner after all that fondling. But no, she was just off on her merry way, to her next patient. Hmph. Anyway, I'm glad to have that first mammogram over, and now I know not to dread all the future ones. I still think I deserve a party though.

4 comments:

  1. OK, I don't know WHO did your test, but they probly weren't certified. Cuz mine had cold hands, and it hurt like hell getting squished into a pancake. Maybe it's cuz my jugs are way bigger (fat counts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's that your jugs are so much bigger, Kath. They're just so much older, as is the rest of you compared to me, that the tech figgered you have no feeling left in them anyway. Squish away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a neat trick. I had my first when I was about 8 weeks pregnant with Theo (it was to check on something and they covered me well with the metal cape thingy - I think he's fine). Anyway, it hurt like hell with those pregnant boobs so ever since then it's been a relative breeze. And...without comparing...it is more uncomfortable the more "full" you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a neat trick. I had my first when I was about 8 weeks pregnant with Theo (it was to check on something and they covered me well with the metal cape thingy - I think he's fine). Anyway, it hurt like hell with those pregnant boobs so ever since then it's been a relative breeze. And...without comparing...it is more uncomfortable the more "full" you are. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails