Feb. 25: New friend #1

I've been a bit delinquent with some important announcements. Here's the first one.

My friend Lafe is the proud father of another son. His announcement:

Sunday morning, February 17 at 6:29 AM, Rebecca delivered our second child; a big healthy boy weighing 9 lbs 4 oz. We have named him Rowan Ovey Bissell and he is a sweetheart. Right off the bat, he has been a great eater and shows signs of a contented personality. He measures 21 inches tall and has very large feet and hands with long fingers and toes. He is nearly 2 lbs larger than Cooper at birth but in spite of that, Rebecca did the entire delivery without pain meds. I must say, she is truly an amazing woman. In retrospect she might tell you she'd have preferred to marry someone without a dominate gene for fat headedness.



Congratulations to Lafe, Rebecca and Cooper, and welcome to the world, Rowan!

(I just want to add that my duties as Lafe's proofreader continue to this day, although I'm not quite the stickler I once was. I admit to removing the double spaces between his sentences above, but all else is as he wrote it. However, I might have corrected a "Walla Walla Walla" had he made that mistake a SECOND time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails