Feb. 10: Trader Joes love

We finally got a Trader Joes in this part of town, and I spend way too much time there. Apparently a lot of other people do too, though, because the clerks don’t yell, “Hi, Jen!” when I walk in; in fact, most of them appear not to recognize me at all. I’m okay with that. They do know me as the one who always asks for the stroopwafels when they’re not where they should be. But hell-o? They’re stroopwafels! I can’t not buy them. I also can’t not eat a whole bag on the way home.

The guy who made this video loves the store even more than I do (even though I noticed he didn’t mention the stroopwafels or orange chicken).


3 comments:

  1. Their orange chicken is out of this freaking world! And now you must tell me what exactly a stroopwafel is so that I can go and get one (or several)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen E, stroopwafels are cookie kinds of things that have a thin layer of caramel between two wafers. Trader Joes sells them in a silver-dollar size as "Caramel Bites" (in a bag), and occasionally in regular size as "Caramel Wafers" in a blue and white Dutch tin. They're usually on the shelf with cookies but sometimes get put with the tea. Stroopwafels are chewy and delicious. They're supposed to be set on top of a cup of tea to melt the caramel a little but I think they're just fine at room temperature. More info: http://www.stroopwafelshop.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel
    Let me know what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you need one while you are shopping for fabric, they sell them at Fabric Depot too. ymmm

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails