Feb. 13: Friday the 13th

I’m not gonna lie to you: I had a pretty rotten week. But this is not going to be another post about how much my life totally sucks when it really sucks only a little and only sometimes. Instead, I’m taking a cue from my friend Sherilee, who posts a list of things for which she is grateful every Friday. Positivity is good.

People I found on Facebook this week: Maria, who was once my Partylite gal and became a friend; Claire, my “auntie” in Ashland; Katie, a coworker and former student; Cindy, my ex-stepsister and current friend; and Sheila, a former coworker and occasional commenter here at Stuff Jen Says. Facebook is OH so much fun.

“Meeting” Dana: She’s my cousin Deanna’s cousin and recently introduced herself to me via Facebook. Dana is, coincidentally, a former SDA so we connected easily based on that, but she’s also a punctuation and grammar snob and little bit nutty to boot. I like her lots!

Katie’s birthday: my sweet little Bug turned nine years old on Monday. I am in awe of her on a regular basis and can’t believe I helped make her.

My mother-in-law: she’s a gem.

Shopping steals: No, I didn’t start shoplifting. While Vic was getting an eye exam the other night I walked around the mall. I found some great bargains at Gymboree and got out of there with $130 worth of adorable goodies for Katie—but spent just $28. Had similar luck for Jack at Crazy 8, though finds were not as adorable (boys’ clothes are boring). I also ordered a new set of Kitchen Aid cookware at 60 percent off. Gotta love Amazon.

Health: mine, not so much. But Jack’s appointment with the pediatrician yesterday showed us that he just has the yucky cold that’s going around, and nothing more serious.

Next week: I’m hoping to finally get back to work on Monday. And Wednesday I have a fun day planned with The Lovely Lori. It doesn’t get much better than that.

And finally, happy news for our neighbors: they’re expecting a baby boy. Congratulations!

Have a good weekend and Valentine’s Day. xoxo~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in the "good" of your life. I'm also looking forward to Wednesday (even though you refused my request to come up the night before and sleep between you and Vic...)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some weeks it's harder to write the list than others... this was one of them, what with the sickness crud around our house. Glad you're on the mend and Jack's OK! Here's hoping for a better week coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I was a bit behind in my blog reading and oh yeah, we were out of town...sweet of you to mention me, I have been thinking the same of you. I have had the best time getting to know you! We should meet sometime when I'm in Ptown!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails