Feb. 23: Twelve years down

February 23, 1997

Today’s Victor’s and my anniversary. We met in 1982, started dating in 1994 or so, and got married in 1997. That makes 12 years of wedded bliss, Einstein. To honor this very special day, I wrote a poem. It’s simple, but I spent, like, a whole minute on it:

Um,
I love you,
Vic!




For reals, I suck at writing poems. Surprised, aren’tcha? Instead, I’m sharing the lyrics to a song that’s kinda perfect for us because we’re not one of those lame-o, super lovey-dovey couples. Ugh.

You’re lucky I love you

Hey baby stop clickin’ that pen
I’m gonna take it away if you do it again
Sometimes I think you just love gettin’ on my nerves
And I believe opposites attract
Cause I wouldn’t have you if it wasn’t for that
You like the music I like the words

Don’t you know how good you got it
Listen up and I’ll tell you all about it hey

You’re lucky I love you like I do
Everythin’ for you I do cause I want to
I wouldn’t feel this way if you were anyone else
Yeah and you know it’s a good thing that I think
You’re the only one for me and that you hung the moon
You’re lucky I love you you’re lucky I love you yeah

You got your ways and you got your quirks
But you got my heart and that’s why it works
And I wouldn’t change the way you are
And whenever we fuss and fight
Fore the end of the day we always make it right
We never let it go that far

Anything you want you know you got it
But every now and then you need remindin’ hey

You’re lucky I love you like I do...

Darlin’ you know that I need you
But it’s a safer bet to say that you need me too

You’re lucky I love you like I do...



Dining at Palo on the Disney cruise, 2003

Disney World 2004

Disneyland 2006

Disneyland 2006

May 2006 family portraits

December 2007 family portraits

How are we celebrating our big day? We’re both working. But tonight we’re going to our favorite restaurant, Mortons, for a delightfully delicious steak dinner. Yum.

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh. Memories...

    Happy day (even though you know how I feel about this type of stuff)! And have a great time at Morton's - the best restaurant...ever! Have some creme brulee and the lemon drops are awesome (I've heard)! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats! You guys are a cute couple. Don't forget the creamed spinach to go with that Porterhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Have a great dinner and enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the 12 years. I remember your wedding day, and how your groomsmen kept putting their hands in the butt crack of your hairdo...Funny stuff, that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So who sings that song? Must know.

    Congrats to the two of you! I hope your dinner out together was especially yummy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori ~ I'll post about the meal tomorrow. Suffice to say: nummers.

    Dan ~ thanks!

    Jen E ~ we did, thanks!

    Chris ~ never had a bad meal at Mortons...

    Sheila ~ so funny that you remember that! That's one of my favorite memories of that day. :)

    Sherilee ~ Sorry, I can't believe I didn't include that. It's a Susan Ashton song. I use the chorus as my ringtone for Vic's calls because it's easy to hear and also (duh) because it's such a fun song.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails