Feb. 9: Extreme griping

Katie’s birthday was today. It was nice. Her party was yesterday. It was also nice. I ran around all day but didn’t do anything fun. Early this evening I felt a sore throat coming on and it turned me super grouchy within an hour. Now it hurts when I talk and breathe. And I just wonder, why can’t I ever have just a regular ol’ illness, like the sniffles? Instead, a migraine makes me puke so much I spend the night in the emergency room. A simple little cold turns into emphysema. My twisted ankle ends up requiring an appendectomy. My split ends? Blame a flesh-eating virus. This sore throat will undoubtedly necessitate amputation of all my extremities. You know what? I’m tired of it always being something. I want it to be nothing sometimes. Is that too much to ask?

Pfft. I’m going to bed.


P.S. Sherilee, dinner was fab, even though it hurt to swallow every Perfect Bite™. I’ll post birthday party photos soon, Mom. Kath, I’m trying to get blog ideas for you. Yes, I definitely want to see “Milk,” Lori. And Dana, I’m not ignoring you and will reply soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Like for an extended period of time maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Like for an extended period of time maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails