Feb. 21: Thankfulness

When I think back on the past week, these are the things for which I’m most thankful:

  • Health. I finally felt like “Jen” again, and it was very nice. I’m still not 100 percent back to my normal energy level, but I got a lot closer than I’ve been since the beginning of the year. Whew.
  • Friends, specifically The Lovely Lori. We spent Wednesday together. We live an hour apart but don’t get together very often, so this was a real treat! (Still, we’re doing better than we used to, when we only saw each other in Colorado.) It was a lot of fun for me to play the baby sis for a day.
  • Haircuts that make you feel like a new person. My hair gal, Michelle, coiffed me, Jack and Katie yesterday. We. Look. Stunning.
  • People I found on Facebook this week: Linda, a friend from high school and college; Dennis, Vic’s uncle; and The Bloggess, who’s named Jennifer and married to a guy named Victor, but much funnier (and potty-mouthed) than I. And I wasn’t unfriended by anyone the whole week!
  • TiVo. There weren’t very many new episodes of my favorite shows this week, so I got a little more caught up on what TiVo’s been storing. And OMG, did you see Christine? She’s the best.
  • Productivity. Maybe it’s partly my improved health and partly that this is the time of year when I feel like organizing; I don’t know. But this week I sorted through a ton of papers and junk mail, gathered all the paperwork for our taxes, backed up my digital photos and documents, and straightened up the complete disaster that had covered my desk for way too long. I got some for-pay work done too. There’s still a lot to tackle, but this was a decent start.
  • Spring is coming! We had two beautiful, warm days this week. Two sunny, cold days too. I’m excited that there will be flowers blooming and leaves on trees again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in your "thankfulness" post. It's my pleasure to play the big sis as I was never able to do that growing up.

    I love you, Jen-Jen...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say being friended by The Blogess was a highlight of my week as well!

    And I think you know how I feel about Christine... she makes me laugh like very few can!! I am somewhat frightened if/when I actually see a resemblance to some of my sick thoughts... oops I've said too much! Again.

    Glad you're feeling closer to normal--maybe this will be the week of 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherilee, I especially enjoyed Christine and Richard's "contest" over who was the worse parent. Made me a little squirmy to see so much of me and Vic in them... but it was very funny anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails