Mar. 12: Potty-mouthedness

OK, we got the radiologist’s report on my CT yesterday. There’s good news and not-so-good news. The good news is that there is no sign of new cancer growths in my abdomen or pelvis. My organs are all the sizes they’re supposed to be. My “bones appear unremarkable.” I don’t think that’s a very nice thing to say to a girl, but whatev.

The not-so-good news is that OJ persists. Our efforts to get rid of him have worked a little bit (“mildly improved,” the doctor says); where he was 1.8cm before, he’s now 1.6cm. He appears less bulky in another measurement that was 6cm in January and is now 5cm. So there’s improvement, yes, but not a lot. Not as much as I had hoped for. My oncologist might not be surprised at this at all, though—we’ll find out Tuesday.

I know I said I’d be okay with whatever the results were, but it turns out I’m actually kinda pissed. I mean, I’m going through the hellish side effects of chemo and STILL this @#!%# tumor is hanging around? WTF??? The pictures from the CT were on a weird setting when they were put on the CD so I don’t have a good one to show you for comparison with the others, but trust me—OJ is definitely still quite visible. Grrr.

I’m going to try not to stress over this, though, because Dr. O will tell us on Tuesday what it means. So I’m just yelling “Serenity now!” and trying not to think about it. I think a large amount of alcohol would also help.

Some of the pictures from my scan gave me chuckles. I swear, there is some really gnarly stuff inside me. I saw what I’m sure is testicles growing in there, or maybe they’re ears. They certainly don’t look like they belong there, though. I was happy to see I still have a wishbone:

And it appears I have two guns very symmetrically embedded in my body. I’m not a big fan of guns, but I gotta admit: I think this is pretty cool.

This last one freaks me out a little, because I think it looks way too much like the x-ray of a cat.

Creepy, isn’t it?

Well, that’s it. Not terrible news, but not as good as I had hoped. I hate for y’all to be uncomfortable, but it would really help me if you could keep your fingers crossed a bit longer. And if you want to scream some profanities on my behalf, I’d be good with that too. Thanks. ♥

blogsignature

7 comments:

  1. Your liver's real purty. So are you. Must be a reflection of how loved you are? Think so. Oh. I think with my medically trained eye I see a cupcake in there, too. Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem with cursin' along with you. If you see a blue cloud headed your way from Walla Walla, you'll know who sent THAT. But I'll keep my fingers crossed too, just to cover the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's time to give O.J. a last name. I vote for *&^*&$#%^&*&%#@$^&*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, you win. It is now O.J. *&^*&$#%^&*&%#@$^&*. Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using the words of a former corporate sales director (with a military background) I worked with "Stand down *&^*&$#%^&*&%#@$^&*." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the words of a former corporate sales director (with a military background) I worked with "Stand down *&^*&$#%^&*&%#@$^&*." :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails