Mar. 11: We scanned for him…

cancerribbonhope …but we don’t know if there’s anything left of OJ lurking in my bod.

This morning I had a CT to see how well the chemo is attacking the tumor and if I need to continue treatment. Victor is hoping to talk to the radiologist today, but we should have the written report by tomorrow sometime. However, what the radiologist finds and what my oncologist decides I should do with my treatment are two different things. Dr. O ought to have some REAL answers for us on Tuesday.

It’s possible that Tuesday could be my last full day in the chemotherapy room. It’s also possible that I’ll continue with another couple treatments. Honestly, I’d like to be done with this, but because I hope never to have to go through it again, I’m totally fine with more chemo if I need it. I want that awful OJ to be gone, gone, GONE.

I’ll also find out on Tuesday how my follow-up treatment is going to go. Dr. O has already mentioned continuing the “R” of my regimen (CHOP-R), which will require shorter visits to the chemo room. I don’t know yet if I’ll do the Rituxan on the same schedule—every three weeks—or if that will change too. From the information I have, it seems that Rituxan doesn’t cause hair loss, so that means my hair should start growing back soon after I’ve stopped my full chemotherapy treatments. That’ll be kinda nice.

I’ve had more side effects since my last chemo than ever, and am also feeling a lot more tired than I have in the past. For the past few days I’ve been fighting a sore throat, the awful acne crap is back, my head hurts, and my vision is worthless. It’s frustrating. I want to be done with this. And yet… I want to be done because the cancer is gone. Grrr.

There was a link on my twitter feed today to a poster a bunch of friends made for someone going through cancer treatment—it was a collection of photos of each of them giving cancer the finger. I’d love to do something like that, but it’d have to be IV pole dancing or eating Pop Rocks or something that relates better to my own experience with cancer. Suggestions? And know that if you suggest it, I’ll be expecting you to participate…

I am overwhelmed with the support I continue to receive from friends and family and people I don’t even know on my blog, Facebook, and email. Thank you so much for the notes of encouragement and all the other ways you let me know you care. Every challenge is easier to face when I know I have a big ol’ army behind me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

blogsignature

6 comments:

  1. Your support comes from people who just plain dad-burn-it think yer great AND just plain luv-able!! Spoken with perfect objectivity....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way after my chemo. Because I had to be dosed down due to significant peripheral neuropathy for the last 5 hits, I asked my onco if she'd give me another one. I supposed nobody had ever asked for more chemo before, so she looked at me like I was from another planet (well, that part's true), and she said "No." I still can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for photos of everyone mooning cancer. Or, wearing a wig.
    I saw that the little suit your OJ wears was just turned down by the Smithsonian, so I'm pretty sure he's a goner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crossing my fingers for you that OJ has left the building - good luck Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE GET TO MOON????? I WANNA MOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ed, I hadn't heard about the Smithsonian thing. Good news! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails