Mar. 5: Inspiration

I love to read meaningful quotes. There are a lot about courage and hope and faith and healing and all kinds of cancer-related things, but to be honest, many make me angry. The stuff like “anything is possible if you believe” is total BS, in my opinion. Sure, the idea’s nice, and if it helps you keep a positive outlook, here’s an even bigger “yay.” But we all know that all the hope in the world isn’t necessarily going to bring people back to good health. If that were so, DUH—nobody would ever die, right? Maybe Hitler. Nobody else.

Call me a pessimist, fine. But I prefer “realist,” thankyouverymuch. It’s not that I’m hopeless about life in general, or specifically, how successfully my friends and I will be able to fight cancer. And weeding through piles of quotes, I can occasionally find something that really speaks to me, something that is beautiful and lifts my heart or gets me in FIGHT! mode. You might think these are just as BS-y as I think the others. Meh. smiley

Since I just shared a bunch of quotes from Twitter yesterday, I’ll keep this post short, but I couldn’t resist these few:

Courage and cheerfulness will not only carry you over the rough places in life, but will enable you to bring comfort and help to the weak-hearted and will console you in the sad hours.
~Sir William Osler

 

Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.
~Emory Austin

 

The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
~Mignon McLaughlin

 

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.
~Dan Rather

 

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

I love these about companionship:

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
~Jane Howard

 

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.  That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.
~Emily Kimbrough

blogsignature

1 comment:

  1. I love quotes in general, and I love all the ones you shared in your post! It's interesting how the ones that acknowledge it's not all sweet tea and sunshine (ha ha) are the ones we can really relate to, since (duh) life just isn't all sweetness... and I swear I wrote my post tonight BEFORE looking at yours, but I think my quote fits in nicely with your theme. (Cue Twilight Zone music.) Happy weekend, dear! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails