Mar. 24: Blockage-ness

I’ve been in a blogging slump lately. It may not be noticeable to anyone else, but it is to me. I’ve also been reading books less, to the point that I could almost say I’m not reading at all. And Facebooking less. And Twittering less, although that’s not too unusual. I can’t seem to concentrate for very long at a time. I don’t know when this all started, nor what caused it, but I don’t like it.

I think I would feel better, maybe even re-energized, if I went on vacation. Everyone I know is on vacation this week and they’re so whistling-out-their-arses-happy, it makes me want to stab them a little. I want to be that happy too. I’m not really unhappy right now, but I think I’d be happier at Disneyland. Or in France. Or Hawaii. I’m totally easy to please, vacation-wise.

If I went on vacation, I’d have something to blog about, and that would be a good thing. And I would probably read a book on vacation because that’s what I do when I’m on vacation. And I would post constant updates on Facebook about my vacation, because that would totally jealousify my Facebook friends and why else would a person go on vacation but to jealousify their friends?

(My concentration problems have not adversely affected my ability to make up words, obvy.)

So I’m not reading or writing, and I’m doing as little ‘rithmetic as possible. The problem? It’s making me stupid. Lately I always think I smell smoke. I can’t remember semi-important things, like Jack’s birthdate and not to fall down stairs twice. Sometimes I forget to eat. I try to calculate things that have no keys on a calculator. Stuff’s making me mad, too, like reality shows—Celebrity Apprentice, really? Is anyone still watching that shiat?—and hay fever and stuff that needs ironing and people who think our healthcare system is fine the way it is and that new Jack in the Box commercial and drivers who block the intersection and the very noisy frogs in the pond behind our house and Sandra Bullock’s jackass of a husband and hangnails and people who are famous for no reason whatsoever. Also, Brazil nuts. Why do they think they’re so special?

Don’t lie to me and say none of those things would change if I went on vacation. I know they would. I’ve been on vacation before, and I know what it does to a person’s psyche. It would make me normal again. It would make me not care about those damn frogs. And I’m quite sure it would help me remember the answer to FOUR + WAFFLE.

blogsignature

7 comments:

  1. You're funnier when you're mad. Make Victor take you on vacation. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I realized that you haven't been away from home much since O.J. appeared. Farm Jack out and hit the road for at least a long weekend! Kath can probably entertain herself until you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK first, Jen...I want to point out the SUBWAY foot long commercial that runs over and OVER in my head. "Five dollars...Five dollars foot long......." Do you know the one with the BRIGHT freakin yellow, totally drives me insane. I awake in the middle of the night with that in my head?! Am I the only one?
    Also, I really have the blockage-ness, as you say, and I KNOW it is CHEMO-BRAIN-NESS!!! We have to give ourselves a break! I used to think I was funny and not just once a week but everyday...but NOT ever for me now. (BTW...Fancy Lori is right...YOU are funnier mad! ;)
    I'd totally take a vacation though too! Heck we'll have something to talk about after this weekend!
    TTFNChemopartnah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading I thought, well, at least she's still funny. And sure enough, others have noted that as well!

    Sorry for the blahs. I won't even bother to tell you that we're going on vacation too, next week, and it will be lovely and relaxing and I'll probably read a book. Oops. Sorry.

    Meanwhile, you should totally plan a vacation. Maybe you can't actually take it for a bit, but sometimes the planning can be fun too, AND you're such an online whiz I bet you could find some fabulous place that none of the rest of us have been to yet, and get a stellar bargain too!

    And, for the record, I'm totally with you about Celebrity Apprentice, Jesse-Awful-James and hangnails. And health care. And noisy frogs, though we don't have any of those around here.

    Hang in there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been feeling the same way - like with blogging - I keep feeling soooooo blah but I don't think anyone would notice when I still blog most every day. But the ole hearts not really in it.

    I say we both demand vacations pronto. Preferably to some place tropical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Bren... I don't mind chalking this up to chemo brain. I still want to go on vacation, though! xoxo See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen E, I totally agree that the tropics would soothe everything that ails me right now. But if anyone dares suggest you and I plan a VIRTUAL vacation as though it would be just as good as the real thing, I shall reach through the Internet and strangle the life out of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails