Oct. 30: Katie’s tree

Sherilee thinks I’m a Fall Scrooge™. I totally am. So that’s why I’m posting this picture of the dwarf maple tree in our backyard because it’s really quite beautiful right now and I do not hate it which means I am nothing if not an inconsistent Fall Scrooge™.

purty little tree

We bought and planted this tree when Katie was born so we’ve always called it Katie’s tree. The red dwarf maples are much more common; because you don’t often see the green ones, I love how this is a little unique that way. It gets really full in the spring and stays that way all summer, and I forget every fall how beautiful it gets again when the leaves start to change colors. Then all the leaves wither and die and mess up the yard and Katie’s sweet little tree looks dead until spring.

And that, my friends, is why I ultimately end up hating fall and also why this is how I picture it in my head when certain people start blathering on and on and on about how wonderful fall is.

a pile of shiat hanging flower, also in my backyard right now

Because, y’know, bleah.

3 comments:

  1. Digging the trademarked Fall Scrooge. Does that mean I can't call anyone else that now? Or I'll get sued? Hee hee.

    Happy Halloween! I think rain means no trick-or-treating, no? Who's the Scrooge now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sher, it's YOUR trademarked phrase, so feel free to use it on anyone. I'll find one, someday, that I'll be able to use on you. "Fall Fanatic" isn't nearly offensive enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digging the trademarked Fall Scrooge. Does that mean I can't call anyone else that now? Or I'll get sued? Hee hee.

    Happy Halloween! I think rain means no trick-or-treating, no? Who's the Scrooge now?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails