Oct. 9: Thursday Thirteen #14

I think my TV viewing habits are fairly average—I faithfully watch The Office, 30 Rock, all three CSI shows, all the Law & Order series, The Simpsons, My Name is Earl, the early episodes of American Idol each season, and a few other shows here and there. But when I look at ratings lists, I see that there are a lot of popular shows I know very little about. Alphabetically, here are 13 of them.

13 popular TV shows of which I’ve not seen a single episode

  1. 24. I’ve never been a Kiefer Sutherland fan.
  2. According to Jim. Courtney Thorne-Smith married to Jim Belushi? Yeah, right.
  3. America’s Next Top Model. I hate most reality TV.
  4. Desperate Housewives. Seems trashy-but-fun, but has never appealed to me.
  5. Extreme Makeover. I don’t need all the drama and tears, thank you very much.
  6. Grey’s Anatomy. I stopped watching ER when Dr. Greene died and I went into a deep depression. I realized that for something that was “just a TV show,” I was getting way too emotionally involved. When Grey’s started, it seemed interesting but too ER-like for me to tempt myself to get hooked.
  7. Heroes. I’ve never enjoyed the supernatural stuff.
  8. How I Met Your Mother. Why have I never watched this show? It seems like a good one.
  9. Lost. The premise is cool but I don’t like being jerked around by my TV.
  10. Survivor. It’s extreme camping. No thanks.
  11. The Amazing Race. Don’t know, don’t care.
  12. Two and a Half Men. Not a huge Charlie Sheen fan, and I’ve always thought of Jon Cryer as the poor man’s Matthew Broderick. I also don’t like overly clever kids on TV.
  13. Ugly Betty. Another show that seems fabulous and I’m missing out on it all.

What about you? Any popular shows you’ve opted not to watch regularly?

Every Thursday, bloggers jot down 13 things about their week, 13 secrets they’ve never shared before, 13 random things about themselves or their lives that give the reader a better idea of who they are. Then the fun begins; you go blog-hopping! Find other Thursday Thirteeners, spend some quality time getting to know your fellow bloggers, interact with them through their lists, and invite them to yours!

12 comments:

  1. Okay I watch a lot of these shows, but the two you mentioned you might like (How I Met Your Mother & Ugly Betty) you should try, they are two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched all of the 24 series. On the same thread is The Unit. I think I just watch them because hubby watches them. Myself, I like reality shows - he hates them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of these I have watched. I esp. love Greys Anatomy and I hate to say I love Survivor! I never have seen a single episode of 24 either. One show that is popular that I didn't watch at first is House. But I'm starting to get into that now. It's a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack...I watch most of these shows.

    Great list! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting list. I've watched a number of these, then quit. America's Top Model--I watched the first season and a half, before deciding it was lame. Desperate Housewives, I watched for a couple of seasons and will still tune in every now and again. Grey's Anatomy, I stopped watching last season. Lost, I tried to watch, but quickly realized I really didn't like being so lost all the time. Ugly Betty, I watched a couple of times, but found it way too campy for my tastes. Survior, I watched the first season and a half, befor I kicked it to the curb.

    Interestingly enough, I've never watched a single episode of 30 Rock or Law & Order and maybe one episode of CSI episode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen seasons 1-3 of Lost and one episode of Survivor, years ago. Other than that, I'm with you on the rest of the shows. I kind of feel like I might be missing out on Ugly Betty, but otherwise, not feeling like I've missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few of those are my most favorite shows, but there are also six on there that I have never seen either! Nor do I care to!

    Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to your shopping visits this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch any of those shows either. But then, I've sort of given up after they canceled both my shows last year.

    I'm sticking with British TV at this point...and DVDs. (I should point out here that I write for watchingdrwho.com, so I can't completely stop watching tv.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watch Survivor sometimes, though my liking for it is seriously waning. Watched a few episode of Lost one season. My daughter watches America's Next Top Model...not my thing at all.

    Haven't seen a single episode of any of the others. Dancing with the Stars is pretty much the only show I watch with any regularity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, 24 and Lost, I watch but they do wear me out. Ugly Betty and How I Met Your Mother are fabulous!!!! Since you like the Office and Earl, I believe you would love these 2 shows!

    Happy TT and thanks for stopping by!

    And I just noticed that Jen E feels you will like these shows as well...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of those you list the only ones I watch are the "trashy" reality shows. Top Model is particularly bad and I usually watch it in about 15-20 mins b/c I fast forward to the challenge and photo shoots. I love Amazing Race though - love love love it. Survivor is fun, but I love love love the Amazing Race - not sure I mentioned that...

    Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to watch Survivor but after like 8 in a row I quit. I never watched any of the rest either.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails