Mar. 20: Plinky

Have you registered at Plinky yet?

Plinky’s a newish web site that reminds me a little of twitter and a little of Facebook and a little of a regular ol’ blog. Here’s how they describe their purpose:

Plinky makes it easy for you to create inspired content. Every day we provide a prompt (i.e. a question or challenge) and you answer. We make it simple to add rich media and share your answers on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.

As a blogger, I see Plinky as a valuable resource for blog material. However, if plinky_logoyou’re not a blogger or simply never run out of blog material, Plinky has some integration with Facebook, Tumblr, and the most popular blogging software, enabling you to easily share your answers to Plinky prompts.

You can be like me: sign up the second you hear about it and then never use it.

Or you can be like most Plinky users: use it.

I get an e-mail every Friday that lists the prompts for the previous week, which is my once-weekly reminder that Plinky exists. I need to check in more often. This morning as I scanned the message I found it interesting that Wednesday’s prompt was “recommend a book to someone who needs a good laugh,” which is what one of my posts yesterday was about. Well, it sorta was. I wasn’t so much recommending the David Sedaris book as I was quoting from it.

Some other recent Plinky prompts, just to give you an idea:

  • Hybrid Prius or Escalade with gold rims?
  • What’s the worst way you’ve ever dumped or been dumped by someone?
  • What city would you retire to if money were no object?
  • Congratulations! You’re going to be featured in the next issue of Sports Illustrated. How does your bio read?
  • Who would you rather be seated next to on a daylong bus trip: an irritating talker or a quiet starer?
  • What’s the best prank you’ve ever seen?
  • Name three songs to help you get over a breakup.
  • Paul Simon was going to Graceland, Toto blessed the rains down in Africa – what place would you write a song about?
  • If you were named based on your traits, habits, or likes, what would your name be?

If you haven’t started a blog because you just don’t think you’d have enough to write about, Plinky does a lot of that work for you (I’m looking at you, Mom). If you’re looking for a way to get more active on online communities, Plinky makes it easy.

I added Plinky’s RSS feed to my reader, and also put it in the sidebar here at Stuff Jen Says. I have no more excuses, and neither do you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so my kind of site! Thanks for sharing. I'm off to find funky topics... cuz I don't have enough of THOSE rattling around upstairs! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I might need a tutorial. Right now I'm a little "huh?" Must be Friday night...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails