Mar. 20: “The Two Acks”

The Two AcksMack, Jack’s neighbor buddy, wants to have a sleepover during  spring break next week so he bugged his mom to talk to me about it. Cristina and I e-mailed back and forth to decide on a good night, and once we’d made a decision, this was her last message:

Goody, now Mack can stop coaching me on how to set this up!

Mack: Mom, first why don’t you come with me over to Jack’s house, and when Mr. Victor answers the door then you ask to talk to Ms. Jennifer... (clearly kids know the seat of power in any given household.)

Me: Thank you son, I think I’ll email her.

Mack: Or you could just call her. Like maybe today.

Me: I’ll get a hold of her, don’t worry.

Mack: I think they’re home right now, why don’t you go over there right now.

Me: For heaven’s sake Mack, I think I’ve had some experience in talking with other parents, I’ll handle this, trust me.

Mack (filled with doubt): Weeeeellll, o-kaaaaaay....

Yeah, how could we parents ever get anything accomplished without our kids’ constant “help”???

6 comments:

  1. Jen,

    You and Kathy made me the expert on all things that I am today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Jen! (From the one who paved the way for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's big talk, Kath, coming from someone who tried to fake her own kidnapping with a ransom note demanding six dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my children are nothing if not persistent (read: naggy)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's big talk, Kath, coming from someone who tried to fake her own kidnapping with a ransom note demanding six dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,

    You and Kathy made me the expert on all things that I am today....

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails