Mar. 24: Darndest things

Got a couple “cute kid” stories.

One evening last week we put Jack on homework duty at the kitchen table while Vic and I sat in the family room and discussed spring vacation plans. Jack kept interrupting us to ask for help, and we kept answering back that one of us would be there in a minute but he should just do whatever he could on his own until then. About ten minutes and 47 interruptions later, he ran over to us, dropped this note on Vic’s lap, and ran back to the table.

Jack's note

There he goes again with the misspelled words and poor punctuation usage. But the message is clear, that’s for sure: I need help now. That is all.

Darlene and Wellington got home yesterday after being out of the country for a couple weeks. Katie was thrilled when Grandma invited her to spend the night at their house, since it had been, in Katie’s words, “such a long time!” Darlene e-mailed this morning to share this:

I was watching TV with Katie but by 7 PM I kept falling asleep. When I woke up around 8 PM, I realized that I had a small pillow under my head and a blanket over me. What a thoughtful young lady she is.

That’s our sweet girl. Jack would never do anything like that. He has no respect for the jet-lagged and would be yelling right in Grandma’s face to feed him now now now now!

Lest ye think Sweet Katie was birthed by someone other than Evil Jen, though, here’s proof of the girl’s absolute need to be forthright with people:

Thanks for letting her stay over. I missed seeing Katie and Jack for a while. I am so used to seeing them often. Katie did say, though, that I was not as fun as usual.

That’s our sweet girl.

This last thing isn’t so much a cute kid story as it is a screen capture of a friend’s good timing. This was my Facebook status on Sunday. Chris (“emcityguy”) Paton’s comment would have been much less amusing if he’d been the first one to write, don’t you think?

jenfbstatus3-22

jensignature

3 comments:

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails