Mar. 18: Let’s just say spring is here, OK?

On my way back from the mailbox this afternoon I spied a little bit o’ purple in our side yard and took a closer look. Here’s what I found:

crocus

This makes me oh-so-happy because crocuses/crocii mean spring is here. Of course, sometimes crocuses/crocii bloom too early and then it snows even when it’s supposed to be spring and then I think the world is just a cruel joke and we’re all just its idiot victims. But this year? This year (I’m deluded and) know that these little flowers in my yard mean spring is here.

I walked around and saw that one of my tulips is popping up nearby.

tulip

This makes me happy too, but the callapidders have already gotten to the leaves and I’m pretty sure by the time the flower is ready to bloom it’ll be gobbled up completely. We’ve got some aggressive vegetarians living in our yard. I’m not holding my breath that I’ll ever see this tulip any prettier than it is in this picture, but I still love that it’s giving us an effort.

It’s beautiful and sunny and warm in Portland today. I had energy once I got up and started moving around this morning, and I even went in to work for a little while. And, of course, I was greeted by these little garden gems when I got home. Not a bad day for Jen. I hope yours didn’t suck either.

blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails